The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How the left has been left-behind by the right > Comments

How the left has been left-behind by the right : Comments

By Steven Meyer, published 12/9/2011

While the left chases mirages the some one the right are actually addressing issues of domestic injustice.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
BJelly the point being made though is not about the rights issue. It's about the admiration being expressed for Hicks by many who on the face of it appear to be from the left.

I can happily fight for the rights of others to do things I don't personally like and for people I don't like. That's quite different to giving them a standing ovation.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 12 September 2011 6:00:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12598#217718

john kosci, you are a perfect example of the loony left, hypocricy, the article is talking about. Meyer was not suggesting that hicks did not suffer, merely that many white men of british & eurpoean decent suffer as well & the closet communists not only do not care, but are often involved in doing it.

The PC, Thought Police cannot pretend that every australian who is not a heterosexual white man over 25 is being oppressed/abused, if they have not got an evil overlord to blame for it, namely the white men.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12598#217736

loudmouth, true, i am one of those who does feel a bit sorry for his naive stupidity, but Meyer is correct, the loony left has been demonising the proletariat instead of representing them.

that is why the polls are so low. heterosexual white men have been treated as the enemies of closet communism, is it any wonder none of us want to vote for the loony left anymore.
Posted by Formersnag, Monday, 12 September 2011 6:56:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What is Hicks exactly?

Is he not a white working-class Australian man?

Is there no sense of irony here?
Posted by Bugsy, Monday, 12 September 2011 7:44:53 PM
Formersnag,
It's my impression from reading Leftist writing that over the last 20 years there has been a conscious effort to turn their "struggle" from a class movement into a Racial/anti Racist/Anti fascist crusade.
In the 1980's there was a legitimate, middle class Fascist movement afoot in this country, I had friends who were ideological Neo Nazis at the time but they would happily debate with Marxists (as I was then) in a peaceful fashion over a cask of wine.
It's all changed now, the Nazis have all pretty much grown up and moved on but the Anti Fascists are still there, the anti Racism as class struggle people never did grow up and they're a big blockage in the path of younger people who want to get back to a Working Class Left movement.
I don't know if you get to many rallies but the Trotskyites and Stalinist thugs won't let anyone talk to so called "Fascists" or "Autonomous Nationalists" or debate them in public in a peaceful, adult fashion, it's always "No platform".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiMm6sjgBTM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZrwSYJyF3k
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 12 September 2011 7:48:50 PM
Loudmouth, RObert and Formersnag, please go away and read up the history of events as they actually happened, instead of blindly following the propganda that reads back into history lies intended to justfy crimes.
Posted by john kosci, Tuesday, 13 September 2011 7:27:38 AM
Bugsy wrote:

>>Is he [Hicks] not a white working-class Australian man?
Is there no sense of irony here?>>

No, there is no sense of irony and you are being ingenuous.

Hicks abandoned his family to join a terrorist organisation. He then wrote a self-serving book in which he contradicts the claims he made in his letters to his family.

I do not think most Australian White working-class men would consider this especially praiseworthy.

What I consider praiseworthy is a man who works hard to look after his family, who is there to be a father to his kids. These are precisely the qualities many on the left sneer at.

For those posters who do not understand irony, it is not I who derides working-class people. It is the grandees of the left who do that. The right merely exploits them.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Tuesday, 13 September 2011 7:51:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy