The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What harm would same-sex marriage do? > Comments

What harm would same-sex marriage do? : Comments

By Don Edgar, published 2/9/2011

Marriage has a long and varied history, of which opponents of gay marriage seem to be ignorant.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Kipp,
The reason for divorce is because people marry immaturely, lack common goals, are basically selfish, expect marriage to be a lifelong honeymoon, lack the commitment and singular devotion to each other for better or worse.
Posted by Philo, Thursday, 8 September 2011 10:16:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I believe that marriage is a bond between 2 lovers that determines their relationships. Marriage is a choice that both of the lovers make and I believe there should not be laws limiting them to who they can and cannot marry. Same sex marriage has finally become legal in New York because of the majority of 53% of citizens agreeing to officially enable people of the same sex to get married. This has proven that society is modernising and people out there do want to get married to someone of the same-sex as them.

I think that same sex marriage is a choice and as Australia is a democracy the public should have the right to make that choice. If the majority is fine with smane sex masrriage then why wait?Julia Gillard should test this new plan in a few states or reigons seeing if it works then making it national.

The main negative aspect about same sex marriage must be the parents and who will be the rightful owner of their child. I believe that if there is a child then the married couple must be the rightful owners unless there are any further concerns when the 3rd person is involved which is highly unlikely.

Overall anyone should be able to marry whoever they wish without anyone stopping them.
Posted by suj, Tuesday, 13 September 2011 6:04:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
suj
Marriage to be registered by the State is not a personal affair it becomes an affair of the State; to record Citizens and their offspring. It is a natural biological term meaning the coming together of a man and a woman in a natural sexual act. Affection between two persons is not a marriage and has no purpose to be recorded by the State. There are Civil laws that can cover property etc.
Posted by Philo, Wednesday, 14 September 2011 8:09:40 AM
I love the article that's been written. I would feel sorry for the children who grew up with gay or lesbian parents. They would mostly get teased by other kids and have a hard time growing up with bullying and people looking down on them all the time.
Posted by greenfrog, Thursday, 22 September 2011 5:40:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy