The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The presidential erection of Dominique Strauss-Kahn > Comments

The presidential erection of Dominique Strauss-Kahn : Comments

By Rodney Crisp, published 1/9/2011

Justice has not been done. It was stopped dead in its tracks in the Supreme Court in Manhattan.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Pressidential erection or not, that poor Nafissato, the African maid, has her own opinion of what such an erection really means.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Thursday, 1 September 2011 4:17:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I suspect that, had it been written without such blatant tear-jerking bias, I would agree with this article. I agree with the sentiment - that the lady was never going to 'have her day in court' and wouldn't have stood a chance.

Sadly, the way the article is written is hardly even-handed. We are to forgive this lady her transgressions because she has had a hard life, but we are to condemn DSK despite the claim that there is actually something wrong with him to cause him to behave in this way. She is a victim, he is a predator. She is a liar, but he is a ... well, a predator. We should feel sorry for her because she may be prosecuted for perjury, and we should feel sorry for her because all he has suffered is the ruin of his reputation, career and career prospects.

I really do feel for the poor lady. Whether he assaulted her or not, she's been put through the wringer and has got nothing out of it (apart from an apparent 7 or so minutes of sex with a greasy old man). Sadly, articles like this do little to advance her cause, in my opinion.
Posted by Otokonoko, Thursday, 1 September 2011 11:26:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

EPHEMERAL JUSTICE FOR AN EPHEMERAL ENCOUNTER …

One was an elderly white male Jew. The other was a young black female Muslim.
One was from the international social elite. The other was from the Bronx underclass.
One was married. The other was a widow.
One was rich and important. The other was poor and insignificant.
One was powerful and intelligent. The other was fragile and dumb.
One was highly educated. The other was illiterate.
They had never met before in their lives. Each ignored the other’s identity.
The encounter was totally unexpected. Each was taken by surprise.
It lasted less than 9 minutes, shocked the world and caused havoc in their lives.
Both claimed to be the victim.
One had previous experience of similar encounters. The other had none.
One said nothing and was asked no questions. The other was the object of a 25 page report.
After a preliminary investigation justice declared forfeit, considering it was not worth a court case.
One went free. The other might be indicted for perjury and expulsed from the United States.
That’s it. Move on please ...

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Friday, 2 September 2011 2:34:54 AM
Thank you bloke! your post is true to its callings.

Banjo Paterson, said.....

ne was an elderly white male Jew. The other was a young black female Muslim.
One was from the international social elite. The other was from the Bronx underclass.
One was married. The other was a widow.
One was rich and important. The other was poor and insignificant.
One was powerful and intelligent. The other was fragile and dumb.
One was highly educated. The other was illiterate.
They had never met before in their lives. Each ignored the other’s identity.
The encounter was totally unexpected. Each was taken by surprise.
It lasted less than 9 minutes, shocked the world and caused havoc in their lives.
Both claimed to be the victim.
One had previous experience of similar encounters. The other had none.
One said nothing and was asked no questions. The other was the object of a 25 page report.
After a preliminary investigation justice declared forfeit, considering it was not worth a court case.
One went free. The other might be indicted for perjury and expulsed from the United States.
That’s it. Move on please ...

Well...there you have it:)

The great Australian.......but with-out fight of a Australian.

Bananas UP 10.00 bucks.
Rent up 80%
People up 200% and your off-spring....don't even think about them.
Your jobs are taken by boat people?

What is the world comming to?...aaay!

I glad my pop isnt alive.

Cactus
Posted by Cactus:), Friday, 2 September 2011 3:23:08 AM

Dear Briar Rose

"And am intrigued by your final paragraph. Does this mean wealthy men prefer the carpet to the $3000 a night bed? What's that about? It's almost a topic for a masters in sociology".

Allow me to sugget that this is a case for Sherlock Holmes. It also seems to concern psychiatry as much as sociology. Social pressures may well be the cause of many psychiatric disorders.

In my experience, the regular clients of the most expensive suites in luxury hotels are senior international business executives and political leaders. It costs them nothing. It is their organisations that pick up the bills. They are on mission day and night from the moment they leave home until they return and it does not cost them a singlr dollar. On the contrary, they are generously paid for it.

The justification for the apparent generosity is that they are constantly under tremeandous pressure to pull off that million dollar deal or whatever it is that is expected of them. They are offered the moon if they succeed and they get hell if they fail.

All that stimulus builds up pressure until their psyche begins to burst at the seams. Unless they have some sort of safety valve they simply explode.

The safety valve usually takes the form of alcohol, drugs or sex.

Sex addicts tend to develop tastes for particular imaginatively constructed scenarios many of which fall into the sado-maso category due, probably, to the need to dominate their anxiety.

Whilst a bed may be considered the usual support for "normal" sex, the floor mat, in many cases, be a more appropriate stage for more threatrical representations.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Friday, 2 September 2011 8:38:23 PM

Oops !

That's an amusing typing error. In the last paragraph, I meant to type "... the floor may ...", and typed "... the floor mat ..." instead.

Sorry about that.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Friday, 2 September 2011 8:45:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy