The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Greens deserve rational scrutiny > Comments

Greens deserve rational scrutiny : Comments

By Nils von Kalm, published 25/7/2011

Thinking through such policies with reasoned logic and intelligent debate has been sadly lacking when it comes to the reporting of Greens’ policies in much of the media.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
I am sorry if I am wrong, I can be and often.
But Morganzola, I truly think it was you who started the war.
I will take up your offer if it is ok.
In general comments if it suits you start your thread.
I guess we can agree the title could be along the lines of what have I got against the greens.
I offer this evidence, that I research and think, not just drop my personal opinions.
Today, to town, filled in my last tax return ever,working part of my life is over.
Radio National and the subject was Tasmanian Forest peace agreement.
At timber industry head, senator Milne your 2ic head of CFMEU [my belief the only union supporting greens,] look at that lost tribes self description on its home page.
Greens are unhappy with the deal, threatened both Tasmanian Parliament and federal.
Now Morgan, forget me , ignore every one of us here in this thread.
BUT understand,your party ,in my view fails the compromise test, has not understood its power is miss used if not used well.
Keep my powder dry but you know my questions, statements about numbers, are not going away.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 25 July 2011 4:12:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@ Belly:

With the greatest respect, if you have something you want to discuss, isn't it up to you to submit a post? As I recall, part of our previous problem was that nobody could work out what your actual beef was, except that you decided one day that the Greens are your personal enemy.

If you do submit a post, might I suggest that you confine it to a single issue or question? Might be less confusing and annoying for everybody :)
Posted by morganzola, Monday, 25 July 2011 5:41:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Latest News on Yahoo & News: wind farms are the stars of Australia's clean energy future, but health problems from the turbine noise are forcing some neighbouring residents off the land.

Well there goes that idea. Next...
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 25 July 2011 10:57:03 PM
I will start such a thread soon in general comments.
Thought I already had.
The one that opened the wound between us.
It had maybe too many themes.
I put my views there, first that, in my view preferential voting works against majority views.
That many if not most do not understand or like it.
I said such as the greens lower house rep, the family first senator now gone,Andrew Wilkie, found a place based on preferences.
You and others forcibly told me it would be undemocratic to get rid of the senate, in my view a better government comes if we did.
I questioned then and now, if voters for Liberals, and Labor,can just vote one, why should greens and sundry others be afraid of doing the same.
Is Democracy about majority's or is it about inclusion of minority's by giving them an extra advantage.
Last, and I under stand your dislike of it I continue to ask is it true, is it rational scrutiny? to say currently right or wrong more Australian voters, in my view,dislike the greens than would ever vote for them.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 26 July 2011 8:41:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy