The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine - testing the world's patience > Comments

Palestine - testing the world's patience : Comments

By David Singer, published 6/7/2011

The PLO is after regional hegemony claiming the areas of Jordan, Israel, the West Bank and Gaza

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
No Dave I don't believe a word you write you have been running the same BS for a while now,its called belling the cat,your a propaganda artist I am sure the information ministry loves you to death,I think you have run out of Lies so go elsewhere
Posted by John Ryan, Thursday, 7 July 2011 4:23:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What would be interesting is seeing Hamas try and force the issue with the Hashemites. Give them the west bank subject to border requirements in the North and South and let them try their crap on Jordan. Get rid of all crossings, true Palestinians are too high and mighty to 'need' work in Israel (surely)... Let them employ each other and live in peace with their Muslim neighbour
Posted by Custard, Thursday, 7 July 2011 5:46:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I thought David's last 2 pieces on this issue were the best he's written on the topic. There's no good reason for the UN Gen Ass to grant the Arab palestinians any more than they have already, but they just as likely will, on the strength of Arab oil politics.
And will it help resolve the situation? I was fascinated with Yuyutsu's comments, because I've long thought that it's the palestinian Arabs which are the problem, not the Israelis. If the spotlight can be thrown onto the palestinians and their leaders, so that they start to take some responsibility, and some flack, for their actions, then that might be a good result.
But only if people are prepared to see what is in front of their eyes, which is not often.
Posted by camo, Monday, 11 July 2011 10:35:13 AM
Its the lack of logic of the Palestinians that is the problem. If they want to make Palestine cover the whole of the area occupied by the British mandate, then clearly they do no accept the 2-state solution supported by most of the peace-seeking rest of the sensible world. However Israel is here to stay and so its recognition by the Palestinians is an "unfortunate" but logical pre-condition before anyone can begin to take these Palestinians seriously.
Posted by Macrocompassion, Tuesday, 12 July 2011 1:54:31 AM
Its the lack of logic of the Israelis that is the problem. If they want to make Israel cover the whole of the area occupied by the British mandate, then clearly they do no(t) accept the 2-state solution supported by most of the peace-seeking rest of the sensible world. However Palestine is here to stay and so its recognition by the  Israelis is an "unfortunate" but logical pre-condition before anyone can begin to take these Israelis seriously.
Posted by csteele, Tuesday, 12 July 2011 2:28:32 AM
To csteele

I don't really know what goes on in your head.

Israel currently exercises sovereignty in 17% of the area occupied by the British Mandate. 5% of the area occupied by the British Mandate comprises Gaza and the West Bank. The remaining 78% comprises Jordan.

The PLO Charter says this entire area is an indivisible territorial unit.

Abbas heads the PLO as he does the Palestinian Authority and Fatah - the largest faction in the PLO.

The PLO has long coveted taking control in Jordan, tried to do so in 1970 and got thrashed. It has not given up its ambition to do so as its unchanged Charter still clearly expresses.

Israel in 1994 signed a peace treaty with Jordan in which each recognized the others sovereignty.

Macrocompassion is completely right in his assessment.

You are completely wrong in yours
Posted by david singer, Tuesday, 12 July 2011 9:26:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy