The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mischief in the Family Law Act > Comments

Mischief in the Family Law Act : Comments

By Patricia Merkin, published 30/6/2011

Broadening the definition of domestic violence will ensure children's safety.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. Page 30
  10. All
Ammonite – Equal time is not a requirement under the 2005 Family Law – only substantial and significant time for the non-resident parent. However a false meme was created by the LFAA (B.Williams actually boasts of this) which became part of the public perception and the mindset of Family Court officials.
Breastfeeding is important not only for fulfilling one of an infant’s physical needs, but is vitally more important for fulfilling an infant’s emotional and psychological needs and development.
Because the current Shared Care arrangements completely ignore or disregard children’s needs in this manner, it is creating a generation of children who are unable to create and maintain emotional attachments, and are disaffected and anomic from personal and social relationships. i.e. environmental psychopaths, as was shown in post-Freudian research over 50 years ago.
I am quite sure that in 30 years time, the then Australian government will be apologising to those children, as it has done to the Stolen Generation and the Forced Adoption Generation of children, for the irresponsible harm the 2006 Family Law and its interpretation in the Courts, are doing to this generation.
As I have said, 50/50 is not a starting point from a child’s perspective, they don’t need or want to be `shared up’ or divided in that manner and it violates the respect they have a right to expect, from their parents and from legal arenas.
Posted by ChazP, Tuesday, 2 August 2011 2:11:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ChazP

I agree with what you say - I think we are talking at cross purposes here. I agree that 50/50 has been utterly rorted and misused. However, 50/50 does work for some people - the ones who tend not to wind up in court.

Rather than preach to the converted try to explain the bonds of a breastfeeding child and mother to Robert or the more misogynistic OLO posters. The ones who don't believe that women are capable of anything of worth - having us argue among ourselves is playing into the divide and destroy tactics used by extremist groups.
Posted by Ammonite, Tuesday, 2 August 2011 3:54:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. Page 30
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy