The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A riposte from a 'Flat Earther' > Comments

A riposte from a 'Flat Earther' : Comments

By Chris Golis, published 17/6/2011

Perhaps it is the edge of the world, not the end of the world, that is approaching, and the alarmists have got it wrong.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
I’ll content myself with correcting two scientific inaccuracies here.

--Depending on weather conditions water vapour accounts for 60-70% of the greenhouse effect. The 95% figure is a myth.

--The real issue is the interaction between increasing CO2 levels and the amount of atmospheric water vapour. I covered this link in a previous post. Increasing CO2 levels increase the water vapour content of the atmosphere.

See:

http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=11244&page=0

My previous post also deals with the Earth’s actual radiation budget.

However I’m not really going to argue the point anymore. I think it obvious humanity will learn the hard way whether fears of a climate catastrophe are justified. Thankfully at my age the worst effects are unlikely to be felt until some years after I have shucked this mortal coil.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Monday, 20 June 2011 4:18:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, we see that the minority government and the supporters for global warming are still hiding behind a ladies skirt, by not having a vote on the issue of the carbon tax.
If they are so sure that there are lots of people agreeing with them, why not put it on show for all to see.

I dont believe the parlimentarians are capable of voting as representatives for all their constituents on this issue.

Lets all have a say! The real democratic way?

Thanks everyone for all the info it was interesting.
Posted by MickC, Monday, 20 June 2011 6:50:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Right on queue, we get an alarmist with predictions of DOOM, on those who fail to believe.

"The only hysterics you get from me are my hysterical laughter at the denialist antics and the sure knowledge that the pigeons will come home to roost one day."

Arrrgh! "the pigeons will come home to roost one day"! doom! hysterical laughter, rubbing hands together, doom!, more hysterical laughter .. you failed to believe and now the .. chickens .. will .. come .. home .. to .. ROOST! ahahahahahaha

Oh .. wait, "one day" .. what's this, a feeble threat if ever there was one, come on mate, surely after comparing me to Herr Dr Goebbels you can come up with a better threat to a disbeliever than that?

Of course, alarmists are known for crap predictions anyway, so a feeble one is probably on song. "one day", sheesh you'd think if we deprived you of paying a carbon tax immediately the least you'd call is the world ending next year.

dear me sarnian, you really do clarify the skeptics perception of alarmism as a semi-religious belief .. and you have the temerity to call others names, there's no need to call you names, you define yourself so well.
Posted by rpg, Monday, 20 June 2011 7:30:53 PM
Rpg.
Well you have really spat the dummy in fact you have gone off just like an……rpg.
For someone who flings accusations of hysterics around, I would have to classify that as a hysterical outburst.
Yes I have had the temerity to not see the “facts” that you dredge out of thin air like a magician. For that I am a “doomer”. Well so be it. I am organizing my life around the premise that there will continue to be an increase in the number of extreme weather events. Also I am preparing for the inevitable rise in price for fuels to the stage where they will be unaffordable for everyday use by mere mortals.
Here is a bit about the Exceptional events for 2010, Of course that is a load of old codswallop dreamed up by someone, just to upset you.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iL1VhIWN2XDKI3APilTxnv8oNU9Q?docId=CNG.c8806b0465005156c3ed4b83c649cb5d.3d1

keep on taking the pills.
Posted by sarnian, Tuesday, 21 June 2011 1:09:29 PM
Looks as if the denialist are losing the argument.
A national survey reveals most Australians believe in, and are concerned about, climate change. The study by Queensland's Griffith University surveyed more than 3,000 Australians across the country and found 74 per cent believe the world's climate is changing and 90 per cent believe human activities are playing a role. The research found less than 6 per cent of Australians are true climate change sceptics.
http://www3.griffith.edu.au/03/ertiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=30623
Posted by sarnian, Tuesday, 21 June 2011 5:25:35 PM
"The Australian national survey was undertaken between 6 June and 6 July of 2010"

So the survey was before the last federal election, so is somewhat out of date.

If the skeptics number less than 6%, then what on earth are the government spending so much money addressing skepticism, setting up climate councils, the new CSIRO climate site and all the other propaganda if skeptics are such a trivial number?

Why would they spend, and getup and all the other climate organizations and groups, if this was true? Seems like a huge waste of time, or a total over reaction.

You know, something doesn't add up .. or the government hasn't seen that survey, or they have and don't believe it.

Now all you need to do is find a site on the internet that says skeptics don't exist at all, and then they will all disappear.

You all know, if you read it on the internet, it must be true.

It would be a little more honest when quoting surveys, to put up the date, otherwise, you might appear to be cherry picking, or just trying to troll.
Posted by Amicus, Tuesday, 21 June 2011 7:31:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy