The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The exclusivity of Jesus > Comments

The exclusivity of Jesus : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 25/5/2011

Seeing the exclusivity of Jesus doesn't mean believers are narrowly sectarian or ignorant of other religions.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All
waterboy,
Please give authority from Jesus teaching has potential for evil and is closely linked to the evil the Church has perpetrated in the form of Crusades, Inquisitions and Witch Hunts throughout its history.
Posted by Philo, Wednesday, 15 June 2011 7:12:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philo

Your question doesnt make sense.
What is your point?
Posted by waterboy, Thursday, 16 June 2011 6:27:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
philo
i tghink the key bit of waterboys wisdom is this

""the idea
of the 'exclusivity of Christ' has potential for evil""

he isnt saying that it nessesarilly does
only that excusivity...sets this possability up

and it does...for those thinking...
only xtians get to heaven

or thinking
jesus...the man
is god...jesus was pure man

[that ye se me do....[DO!}
ye will do BETTER*....ie not worse
as christ DID..ashould be a minimum..
of what we together MUST be seen to be doing

your both saying the bible says,...do not murder
nothing jesus said ends that LAW...no excuse for it
no decree to do it...its a pure fiction..ALL MUDER is a mortal sin

[please see jesus didnt go to murder
that is a thing that is self evident...
to any...messenger from the *LIVING good..[god]

i see you
but in seing you i learn more about my god
no matter who you are

KNOWING..the wheat MUST grow with the tares
and that by loving both....i love god
[have heard [not erred]..

in following christs teachings]

that we do to the least*
we do to the most*...[god]..[our holy host}
sustaining *EVERY life...their living
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 16 June 2011 10:02:37 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
waterboy,
I havew just repeated your own claim that Jesus teaching gives possible rise to Crusades, witch hunts, inquisitionns. I ask where does Jesus teaching give authority for such practise?
Please give from Jesus teaching authority for potential evil and its close links to the evil the Church has perpetrated in the form of Crusades, Inquisitions and Witch Hunts throughout its history.
Posted by Philo, Thursday, 16 June 2011 10:46:16 AM
Philo

Perhaps you should read my post again. There is no reference to "Jesus' teachings".

But you have merely repeated your question. Now answer mine.

What is your point?
Posted by waterboy, Thursday, 16 June 2011 2:08:02 PM
Irrelevant, Philo.

>>Please give from Jesus teaching authority for potential evil and its close links to the evil the Church has perpetrated in the form of Crusades, Inquisitions and Witch Hunts throughout its history.<<

I could ask you where Jesus gives "authority" to the establishment of a religion that is conducted on his behalf.

It was - and is - the people who choose to do these things "in his name" that are the problem. By all accounts Jesus seems to have been a really nice person. But that does not absolve Christians from responsibility for the nasty stuff they have done, believing themselves to be "doing God's work".
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 16 June 2011 5:26:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy