The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Equity in schools – let's not forget the quality > Comments

Equity in schools – let's not forget the quality : Comments

By Scott Prasser, published 6/5/2011

Overcoming social disadvantage through education is more effective when government provides per capital funding to schools.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Yes! I can see the balances quite well, cant you:) The rich just keep on getting richer, why is that?

In Parramatta, Diocesan schools tuition fees for 2010 range from $1,110 per year for primary schooling to $1986 per year for upper secondary schooling.

Catholic school families contribute to the building levy to assist with capital works and major refurbishment projects. School-based fees may also be charged for additional resources and school supplies.

Yep! I can see every and all disadvantaged families jumping for joy as I speak. I just love a bit social justice, dont you.

‘Catholic schools rely heavily on government funding,’ said Greg. ‘Without the state and federal government’s financial support, Catholic schools would simply not exist.

In real terms, Catholic schools on average receive $7,685 per student in government funding (both state and federal) per year. This is more than 30 percent less than the $11,874 per student funding allocated to public schools by state and federal governments.**

We are grateful for the support of both the Australian and New South Wales governments for their continuing support of Catholic schools, which is vital if we are to continue to serve the church’s mission to provide quality Catholic education to our families, now and in the future.

What families in particular

LEAP
Posted by Quantumleap, Sunday, 8 May 2011 4:26:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The original article modelled the concept of "quality" in a mysterious way. The author writes "here is the evidence..." Nothing followed. The ACU must take miracles very seriously.
Posted by Langenstrass, Monday, 9 May 2011 8:18:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy