The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > So, pro-spanking parents aren’t Nazis? > Comments

So, pro-spanking parents aren’t Nazis? : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 13/4/2011

The evidence supports corporal punishment as a viable and valuable method of discipline.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. All
I think the anti smacking crowd discriminates against boys. Boys are physical creatures who constantly try to test the boundaries. And in the male world, the final arbiter is always physical strength. Boys in single parent homes reach about 12 or 13, realise there is nothing their mother can do to hurt them and run wild.

Girls are naturally more compliant and try to please. They wouldn't need to be smacked very often at all.

The standards in schools have been steadily dropping since corporal punishment was abolished on a feminised, girls don't need it, model. Boys are doing worse every year.

People who claim we shouldn't hit kids because we shouldn't hit adults are the most small minded of all. They don't understand the difference between rights and responsibilities. Children get the same rights as adults when they can accept the same responsibilities. That's why we call them children. They are not emotionally, physically or intellectually equal to an adult. Treating children as less than adult does not mean we are treating them as less than human. Some people have trouble understanding this disctinction.
Posted by dane, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 5:24:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dane

You are a bit more dipolnatic than me. Your comment
'People who claim we shouldn't hit kids because we shouldn't hit adults are the most small minded of all. 'is not far off the mark.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 5:46:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner:I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I see young brats making fools of their mothers and fathers in shopping centres.”

Just laugh they probably take them home and beat them later which should cheer you up.

You’re acting like a non-smacking household is normal Runner, it is not, most people still smack their kids. I don’t for a minute believe all the Swedes stopped instantly behind closed doors either. In fact I have never met an adult who was not smacked as a child. So any problems you are seeing in society come from households that do hurt their kids – not a surprise really.

I laugh at the 1-2-3 parents and the empty threat parents and I get the feeling their kids are laughing with me.

Runner:”Failure to discipline your children in a worth while manner is child abuse.”

Amen.

Dane what are you talking about? Girls are nicer and you want people to hit boys more? Oooo….you are so gonna get booted from the mens club now.

Has anyone something sensible to say that will convince myself or other non-smackers they are doing or did anything wrong raising kids without even implementing mild forms of physical pain?
Posted by Jewely, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 6:17:03 PM
"I think the anti smacking crowd discriminates against boys. Boys are physical creatures who constantly try to test the boundaries. And in the male world, the final arbiter is always physical strength."

Author here: Dane you raise an important debate issue. As a kid, I loved throwing lemons with my brother at moving cars, and in retrospect I now understand it was dangerous. After a good spanking across the backside, I stopped endangering the lives of others.

If “talk therapy” was used? I wouldn’t have stopped – because it was too much fun. Boys tend to respond more to physical discipline. Ironically, feminists feel it is their duty to selectively mother the children of other parents. I sense some real control issues here.
Posted by BPT, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 6:39:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“Making children out to be idols is also child abuse hence the tantrums we now see in Parliament.” –Runner

Great point – and very quotable.
Posted by BPT, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 6:43:12 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The anti-spanking are the Nazis. National Sozialisten.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 6:57:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16