The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An employee’s guide to catabolic collapse > Comments

An employee’s guide to catabolic collapse : Comments

By Cameron Leckie, published 1/4/2011

Those industries that depend upon cheap energy, high levels of disposable income and/or an expansionary credit cycle are likely to be the first to downsize.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Amicus,

Sorry about that - I hadn't realised that it was your call to inform the rest of us what we have a right to question.

But excuse me is I enquire just where you get off appointing yourself chief designator of who discusses what?

Suffice to say, that I'll contemplate whatever I please - and I'll trumpet my contemplations wherever I deem fit. I'll pass judgment and I'll debate if it pleases me to do so.

You run off and polish your blinkers....you don't want anything peripheral to distort the image of your nice shiny world.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 5 April 2011 2:43:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
poirot

Sorry about that - I hadn't realised that it was your call to inform the rest of us what state we are in.

But excuse me is I enquire just where you get off appointing yourself chief designator of what our great shame is?

"We in the West live an exalted existence - all taken for granted.
The great shame is that we never learned to tread the "middle-way" - to bridle our excess - to make a good thing last."

take off your own blinkers first mate, you're so busy being outraged that you seem to forget your own little tirades and rants .. you don't like it when you find someone might not like the way you self righteously survey the world and hand out pithy little sermons.

put the little princess act aside, other people are just as entitled to their views as you and I as do others, get tired of the lectures on how we should all go back to a time before the industrial revolution

get over yourself .. some of enjoy life as it is, not as you want it
Posted by Amicus, Tuesday, 5 April 2011 3:59:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Amicus,

I'd love to continue our little tit-for tat- discussion here, however, I think it's a tad disrespectful to the writer of the article to continue with our indulgence.

My dear...if I may be so bold : )
I am merely putting my thoughts across....someone once told me that this was an opinion site - and lo and behold! - I believe that's what it is.

You really shouldn't allow yourself to become quite so enraged by opinions that are in opposition to your own - after all, it's all part of the wonderful free society that you so enthusiastically defend.

Signed Princess Poirot.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 5 April 2011 4:15:51 PM
Tut, tut Amicus,

If you were to look closely at a number of factors, we are not actually gaining, but going further into debt.

We are in debt economically, because we have imported so much.

We are in debt environmentally, because we have not practiced enough sustainability.

We are also in debt socially, because in a secularly and feminist society, there is minimal spirituality or family life.

So if you like our current society, it won’t last long, because we are living beyond our means and going further into debt.

BTW. How do you think we should get our fuels?
Posted by vanna, Tuesday, 5 April 2011 5:18:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy