The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Shrunken Christianity becomes more militant > Comments

Shrunken Christianity becomes more militant : Comments

By Mark Johnson, published 1/4/2011

As religious belief becomes less tenable western Christianity is tending to be dominated by the unloving and the unlovely.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Philo, I found a good Australian website that explains homosexuality in an unemotional, scientific, non-religious way.

It would do you good to read the truth about homosexuality.
Are you game to read it?

http://www.psychology.org.au/publications/tip_sheets/orientation/
Posted by suzeonline, Tuesday, 5 April 2011 11:42:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You're way off track there Philo.

>>Pericles, I note the atricle in the URL posted dealt with smell, which would be already pleasantly familiar stimuli to practising homosexual men.<<

The article "dealt with" the parts of the brain that were activated by pheremones.

The test results differentiated clearly between the olfactory response - which would be closer to the "already pleasantly familiar stimuli to practising homosexual men" that you seem to know something about - and the response in the "hypothalamus... that is active in hormonal and sensory responses necessary for sexual behavior".

If you cannot - or refuse to - understand the difference between the two, then it is clear that you have no standing when it comes to drawing conclusions from the statistics.

Your answer to my question "Which sources did you use in your research, Philo?" boils down to anecdotes from your nephew in Iraq.

Since his qualifications as a scientist, or even as an observer and reporter, are unclear, you will have to accept that I remain more convinced by properly conducted research.

What really interests me though, is why does it concern you so much?
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 6 April 2011 10:07:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles,
The subject of homosexuality was raised before I entered the discussion; I have entered it.

To discover if boys are born with a natural genetic attraction to men then newborn infants could be tested to see if they are more attracted to the smell of male or female bodies. Though I know of many "mummies boys" controlled by dominant mothers who have turned out to be involved in homosexual acts.
Posted by Philo, Wednesday, 6 April 2011 4:25:31 PM
Pericles,
Male pheremones are largely excreated underarms which is attractive to females. It is a healthy bodies natural smell
Posted by Philo, Wednesday, 6 April 2011 4:34:43 PM
Exactly, Philo.

>>Male pheremones are largely excreated underarms which is attractive to females<<

And, according to the research, homosexual males.

"...when confronted by a chemical from testosterone, the male hormone, portions of the brains active in sexual activity were activated in straight women and in gay men, but not in straight men... The response in gay men and straight women was concentrated in the hypothalamus with a maximum in the preoptic area that is active in hormonal and sensory responses necessary for sexual behavior"

Why does this upset you so much?

This is actually quite an interesting question, though.

>>To discover if boys are born with a natural genetic attraction to men then newborn infants could be tested to see if they are more attracted to the smell of male or female bodies<<

I'm only guessing, but there may be some element of maturity required to establish this as a reliable test. Puberty springs to mind.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 6 April 2011 5:40:58 PM
Philo, Why are you so interested in homosexuality ? Your obession brings into question your own being, as homosexaulity will have absolutly no bearing on yourself, other than you feel you have latent tendencies; which research as shown is most often the reason for homophobia.
Posted by Kipp, Wednesday, 6 April 2011 6:01:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy