The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Liberals do a Bradbury in NSW > Comments

Liberals do a Bradbury in NSW : Comments

By Graham Young, published 26/3/2011

NSW Labor have no one to blame but themselves for the debacle they are facing.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Pelican writes

'Not sure why the party faithful left it so long but the previous election was won by Labor (IMO) on fears about erosion of employee conditions and wages with the federal push for WorkChoices. '

And yet the diehards argue vehemently that the thrashing of the Greens/Labour have nothing to do with the federal carbon tax this time around. They certainly like to have it both ways. Nothing like being blinded by dogma. Great to see the Christian Democrats gain control in upper house rather than the extreme Greens.
Posted by runner, Monday, 28 March 2011 2:26:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner
Labor was going to lose long before any mention of the Carbon Tax. I am not supportive of a Carbon Tax, but I don't think it was the cruncher for the traditional labor voters in NSW who were already fed up to the back teeth with privatisation, disunity, lack of involvement of the grass roots and rorting etal.

The Carbon Tax certainly may have added a later sweetener for those sitting on the fence but I reckon there were not too many fence sitters which is evidenced by the landslide victory.
Posted by pelican, Tuesday, 29 March 2011 2:44:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy