The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cyberbullying, that schoolyard body slam, and footballers behaving badly > Comments

Cyberbullying, that schoolyard body slam, and footballers behaving badly : Comments

By Peter West, published 18/3/2011

School fights, once confined to the school yard can have an audience of millions, with severe ramifications for those involved.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All
vanna as I've already pointed out PaulL made positive comments about men in a post just before one where you accussed him and divine_msn of not saying anything positive about men. You just don't want to see it.

Why are you so determined to see things in such black and white terms?

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 29 March 2011 6:10:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Try and look for an article or book that says anything positive about women that is not in the context of old feminist dogma that was trying to prove women were capable human beings and not airheads to a very entrenched male patriarchy.

vanna, I also had great male role models at my school, in fact oddly most of my teachers in HS were male. All of my professors and lecturers at uni in the 70s/80s were men. They never said anything positive or negative about men either.

In fact my experience was nobody ever said anything positive about men or women. Most students go to university for education not to have their egos stroked about their gender.

Why do men or women need to go around seeking praise for their endeavours. Hard work and achievement are not accomplished by genders but by individuals.

However I think you know all that and you are just stirring the pot. If you really think so lowly of women and really believe that women do not appreciate the men in their lives then may I suggest you need to look inward first.
Posted by pelican, Tuesday, 29 March 2011 9:08:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Robert,

PaulL seems to think men have to be supervised with the big stick of being sacked from their employment.

Sort of forgets all the voluntary work men carry out from Air Sea Rescue to the Lions Club.

Many men do work as an act of duty.

As for teachers, there are teachers that cannot get students to wear a hat and roll their sleeves down in some of the worst areas for skin cancer, and I have seen so many schools with no teachers at all on playground duty.

Their ability to motivate and supervise is minimal, while the risks they have to cope with are minimal compared to risks that other people have to cope with in their daily job.

But you will notice the article doesn’t mention girls much, when the incidence of bullying from girls is about the same as bullying from boys.

And you will notice that the author mentions teacher’s pay.

Sort of makes one think that some teachers might try using boys as an excuse to get more money from the taxpayer.

EG.
I have to put up with these awful, dreadful evil male boy students, so I should get more money.
Posted by vanna, Tuesday, 29 March 2011 6:49:47 PM
Vanna,

In some countries in Europe there are mothers who elevate their boys to the status of angels. And worship at their feet. In this coutry we find that practice obscene and destructive, for both parties.

You seem to have a deep psychological trauma. If someone hurt you, or someone you love, I'd suggest telling someone, preferable someone qualified.
Posted by PaulL, Tuesday, 29 March 2011 8:10:38 PM
I can't help wondering how you find the time to shut down workplaces for safety infringements and ask probing questions of workplace bullies when you clearly spend so much of your life surveilling local schools to tally the teachers on playground duty and listening in to hear if they make positive comments about boys. When you add in attending school concerts to see who the children listen to, examining school management structures, watching teachers' reactions to girls' uniform infringements, keeping tabs on the levels of feminism in education, making unsubstantiated accusations against teachers and carefully avoiding answering questions, I can only assume that you have chosen to forego sleep. That may explain the increasing irrationality of your arguments.

Some advice, though:

Write a letter to the Director-General of Education Queensland informing her of the breaches you observe in not one, not two, but so many of the schools for which she is responsible. Make sure you name the schools and give details of how and when you came by your information. If you don't receive an adequate response, take it to A Current Affair or Today Tonight. They'll probably be able to do a hidden camera expose on the case and force the department into action. If you are telling the truth (and I have my doubts), then you certainly have a moral responsibility to take action to protect those vulnerable kiddies from the big bad teachers and their lazy, errant ways.
Posted by Otokonoko, Tuesday, 29 March 2011 10:26:12 PM
Otokonoko,
What you say has been done. There was a large school where the principal decided to take early retirement when the heat was turned up, and one large university completely changed a number of its courses, after many complaints were made.

I would think men and fathers should be very concerned about what teachers are doing in the schools, or we could become like states such as Florida in the US where about 1 in 10 boys were being given Ritalin.

When schools in that state were investigated, it was found that teaching methods were normally "chalk and talk", and Ritalin was dispensed to boys who became restless or bored.

Noted also that no posters or the author has mentioned what should be done to girls who are bullies, and I would think most posters and the author want to avoid that issue, or their sexism and bigotry because more easily noticed.
Posted by vanna, Wednesday, 30 March 2011 6:48:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All