The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Muslims against homophobia at Sydney Mardi Gras > Comments

Muslims against homophobia at Sydney Mardi Gras : Comments

By Alice Aslan, published 15/3/2011

Under Islam homosexuals are a persecuted minority and can't be 'out-and-proud'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Quote, "In the past most Muslim societies were sexually permissive"! Really, when? Who? Alice just uses racist abuse against "Colonials" The Ottoman Turks were the great colonisers of the middle East but Alice is just against Western people?
Not a good look Alice when you are asking Australia to be nicer to minorities
Posted by JBowyer, Tuesday, 15 March 2011 6:06:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pelican

'Why do you give greater value to the unborn than to the living'
Simple science will tell you they are living. Speaking on behalf of them is not exalting them above or beneath other humans.

The ridiculous post either ignorantly or deceptively mis representing Christianity got the response it deserved.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 15 March 2011 10:53:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Unborn or not, "living" or not, someone espousing old-testament inerrancy cannot object in principle to indiscriminate killing.

When christian churches stop blessing soldiers going to war, I might believe thay had the slightest genuine objection to killing.

Rusty
Posted by Rusty Catheter, Wednesday, 16 March 2011 9:34:51 AM
"Simple science will tell you they are living. Speaking on behalf of them is not exalting them above or beneath other humans."

Yet despite this you continue to argue for the death penalty. I suggest this is a personal view not one that is generally put forth by the Christian faith. I see it is okay for you to cherrypick as it suits.

Ignorant and deceptive are terms usually used in anger when it is clear an argument has no basis - otherwise it would stand on its own merit methinks.

It is interesting that you did not show equal outrage at the suggestion that homosexuals be annihilated as another poster mentioned above.
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 16 March 2011 3:05:18 PM
Pelican you write in defense of the indefensible
'It is interesting that you did not show equal outrage at the suggestion that homosexuals be annihilated as another poster mentioned above.

The simple fact is that homosexuals are not annihilated and if they were I would consider it the same as murderering the unborn. You would find far more Christians being annihilated than those practicing homosexuality throughout the world. Try just a little balance.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 16 March 2011 9:54:21 PM
"Try just a little balance."

I will if you will.

My understanding was you were for the death penalty - if not it is my memory at fault. Is so apologies.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 17 March 2011 1:07:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy