The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The girl who kicked the AFL > Comments

The girl who kicked the AFL : Comments

By Evelyn Tsitas, published 10/3/2011

Attitudes to the 'St Kilda School' girl depend on what sort of pants you wear.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
"the only crime of the players has been to have casual sex with her. ..."
@ benk, Thursday, 10 March 2011 10:00:39 AM

The players and the girl in question met at her school when the players went there on some AFL promotional visit.

It was unethical and despicable for them to meet up with a schoolgirl they met at her school.

They and St Kilda are paying the price they deserve to pay for that and their appalling handling of the fallout.

Football fools of all codes deserve to be pilloried.
Posted by McReal, Thursday, 10 March 2011 10:22:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
McReal I've not seen any indication that the player involved recognised the girl from the school visit. My understanding from her comments in a recent interview is that she saw the players on a school visit and sought them out elsewhere and lied about her age.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 10 March 2011 11:05:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just imagine if Corey Worthington had done all this!

I remember all these women being so upset about the treatment of Lara Bingle, who had her semi-naked picture posted on the internet. Apparently this kind of behaviour is acceptable if it is directed at footballers.

The funniest thing about the whole saga is the silence by everyone about the homosexual angle of a footballer keeping a photo of his team mate masturbating on his computer. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just find the silence amusing.

The chick has told lie after lie after lie and people still keep falling for it. I actually predicted that she was never pregnant in the first place. That's one terrible thing to lie about. Where is the condemnation from women who have lost babies? I'm waiting for the Nixon stuff to be revealed/admitted as a lie but I cant see how it could be.

The only innocent parties in this are the guy who had his private picture plastered over the internet, and the player who was told he would be a father. Just how has this girl been wronged? She saw a player at a school presentation, flew to Sydney to see a game and told the guy she was 19 and slept with him. All this is by her own admission. Where is the abuse of power?

Lets not forget, she has stated that she deliberately started a relationship with Nixon in an attempt to set him up. And he has abused his power? Seriously? Sure he didn't have to sleep with her, but she pursued him with vindictive motives. It's not like she fell in lust/love or something. I don't think she can claim to be the victim, whatever her age.

All I can say is, reverse the genders, and see what feminists would think if a 17yo guy who was shagging Liz Ellis plastered her team mates naked pictures all over the internet, and told everyone he had been given aids by her, and then seduced the coach and secretly took photos. Would Corey get any sympathy?
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 10 March 2011 12:46:03 PM
Quite a complex set of arguments here and I look forward to the REAL truth being disclosed. From the press reports so far (maybe they are pretty shallow) but this young lady needs some serious help, or discipline or guidance or all of the above, and Nixon should never have got involved. He looks old enough to know better, but maybe he wasn't thinking with his head? By the way, is he a very unattractive man, or what?
Posted by Radar, Thursday, 10 March 2011 1:21:56 PM
My only question is,"Why does anyone care?" As far as I can tell the young women was above the age of consent when the alleged sexual relations took place. No crimes appear to have been committed and it's none of my or anyone else's business with whom football players and their managers choose to sleep, as long as no coercion is involved.

For me,the really sad thing is the prurient delight the media have taken not only in reporting these incidents but also in passing self-serving moralistic judgements on all involved. We must be a shallow society when stuff like this takes over the front pages.
Posted by Senior Victorian, Thursday, 10 March 2011 2:06:42 PM
they did meet her at a school, and she did lie about her age. Think about that for a bit.
So the men in question had no reason to disbelieve her. Think about that again.
Their true mentality is between their legs, and that gets first priority.
Posted by 579, Thursday, 10 March 2011 3:55:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy