The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time for Abbott to stand up to Gillard's politically correct harassment > Comments

Time for Abbott to stand up to Gillard's politically correct harassment : Comments

By Malcolm Colless, published 1/3/2011

Abbott needs to directly confront Labor's tactic of substituting moral outrage for policy substance.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I supply below a comment from the CEO of Google. The comment repudiates just one part of the OLO article but the arguments about waste in the efforts to save the Australian economy from the worst of the GFC is similarly refutable.

Google Chairman and member of the US President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST) Eric Schmidt speaking at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona:

"Australia is leading the world in understanding the importance of fibre. Your new Prime Minister has announced that 93% of Australians, which I guess are all the folks in the cities, will have gigabit or equivalent service using fibre, and the other 7% will be handled through wireless services of a nature of LTE*.

This is leadership from Australia, which I think is wonderful".
Posted by Foyle, Tuesday, 1 March 2011 10:28:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We are the economic envy of the world in spite of Labor's BER and other bungles.

While Tony Abbott has a few issues of foot in mouth with regards tackling Labor, he can rest re assured that Juliar is doing most of the damage to Labor for him. Her moral outrage in the face of her lies rings hollow.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/labor-support-drops-after-carbon-tax-deal-20110228-1bbmp.html

Juliar's credibility and honesty has sunk to a new low, and with it her ratings and that of the greens.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 1 March 2011 10:36:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I thought the Gillard Government had their sixteen seat majority wiped off the map at the last election? I also thought she lost a further two seats to boot?

Why do we even need to question what the Libs should or should not do? Unless of course the ALP voters want to continue ignoring these facts and walk around in a daze, hands on ears mumbling La.La.La!

What part of a good political flogging do we not understand? And upon what trend line can either the ALP or the Greens survive the next election?
Posted by spindoc, Tuesday, 1 March 2011 10:47:06 AM
merv09, there must something wrong with my memory. I seem to recall the fifties and sixties being what I called a “stop go”economy. I seem to remember we went from credit squeezes to time of plenty from budget to budget. This was the norm under Mr. Menzies and his successors. Wages and welfare for the lesser well off were atrocious. Health was beyond the reach of most. I must admit that PM McMahon, who I believe was one of worse PM, did raise pensions and benefits for the first time in many years. Under Menzies we partook in two wars, that led to massive inflation. The result of the wonderful economy management that the economic collapse after years of stagflation, which caught all off guard, including PM Whitlam.

Yes they were wonderful years.
Posted by Flo, Tuesday, 1 March 2011 12:23:22 PM
"We are the economic envy of the world in spite of Labor's BER and other bungles.

"

Disagree, are the envy of the world because of the alleged bungles. Thr Rudd government kept the money circulating.
Posted by Flo, Tuesday, 1 March 2011 12:26:10 PM
One can only assume the Fearless Friar is not big enough between the tits?
Posted by Wakatak, Tuesday, 1 March 2011 12:35:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy