The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Threat of mercury poisoning rises with gold mining boom > Comments

Threat of mercury poisoning rises with gold mining boom : Comments

By Shefa Siegel, published 25/1/2011

With high gold prices miners are putting themselves and those who live nearby at risk by using highly toxic mercury in the refining process.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
As far as I recall, mercury hasn't been used by modern mines for many decades. Whilst I feel sorry for the small scale miners in Columbia who don't have access to modern processing or safe mining practises, I fail to see why this is a post in Australia?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 25 January 2011 7:06:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pff! What about those stupid CFL globes, they're a mercury laden disaster waiting to happen. Why don't you greenies carry on about those? How many are being thrown in the tip everyday all over the world?
Posted by RawMustard, Tuesday, 25 January 2011 8:10:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Deleted for abuse.]
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 25 January 2011 9:10:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy