The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Left fights left in 'gay marriage' wars > Comments

Left fights left in 'gay marriage' wars : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 2/12/2010

There is no monolithic 'gay' position on gay marriage - they're as divided as the rest.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Kipp

I would not get to excited. It is true that church attendance has fallen in many places in the Western world. You would need to be blind freddy not to see the tremendous rise in faith in other parts of the world. It will be Christ's kingdom that outlasts the perverted copy of the Roman empire that you so seem to want to copy. The book does not lie. Enjoy your short time of 'pleasure seeking' because it sure won't last forever.
Posted by runner, Friday, 3 December 2010 6:13:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<<Why is what other people choose to do in the privacy of their own bedrooms any of your business, whether they're homosexual or heterosexual?
This obsession with other people's sexual activities is really unhealthy.>>

Homosexuals define themselves by their sexual activity.
Nobody cares what people do in their own bedroom but the homosexual lobby, aided and abetted by "social justice activists", wants to call what they do in their bedrooms "marriage" and ram it down the throats of children.
Posted by Proxy, Friday, 3 December 2010 6:43:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Proxy says:

"social justice activists", wants to call what they do in their bedrooms "marriage" and ram it down the throats of children.

and I say *BINGO*.....that's it in a nutshell.

Mess with my children...and you mess with me!
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Saturday, 4 December 2010 7:37:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The workers aren't necessarily against gay marriage, but are a bit over people like the ALP discussing trendy causes ahead of standing up for the workers.
Posted by benk, Sunday, 5 December 2010 4:04:04 PM
One thing I find interesting about the more
prolific homophobic comments in this discussion
is that they invariably equate having sex with marriage.
Marriage may be many things, but in my experience
sex is an activity that seems to happen a lot more
outside the institution of marriage than within it.

Apparently ALGOREtc is also worried about what
"social justice advocates" do in their bedrooms,
and appears to have some kind of unsavoury fantasy
about "messing with his children". I have known one
or two people who could be described as "social justice
advocates" quite intimately, and I can assure AL that
they are far more likely to be involved in child protection
than in any kind of child abuse.

Lastly, it appears that "History Buff" is continuing
to be coy about being the article's author. I find it quite
odd that Mr Terpstra would prefer to engage with people
who comment on his article pseudonymously rather than honestly.
Posted by talisman, Sunday, 5 December 2010 4:44:10 PM
<< in my experience sex is an activity that seems to happen a lot more outside the institution of marriage than within it>>

You're thinking of "gay marriage" where extra-"marital" arrangements are de rigueur.
Posted by Proxy, Sunday, 5 December 2010 5:13:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy