The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Left fights left in 'gay marriage' wars > Comments

Left fights left in 'gay marriage' wars : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 2/12/2010

There is no monolithic 'gay' position on gay marriage - they're as divided as the rest.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Well spotted, talisman:

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=11019#185278
Posted by woulfe, Thursday, 2 December 2010 4:26:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I too had never heard of any ABC or Fairfax lesbian, conspiracy thing!

The excuse that because some gay people don't believe in marriage we should therefore not allow ANY gay person to marry is laughable!
If that is the best argument that anti-gay marriage subscribers have, then we will be attending legal gay marriages very soon.

Runner, if you keep going on about the evils of anal sex- what then is your problem with lesbian marriages?
I don't think there would be any more likelihood of sodomy in that group of women than in any other group.

Should we damn all the heterosexual couples who practice anal sex from marrying as well?

Many children in our society are already living without both parents, so I fail to see what the problem with any children being raised with gay parents will be. Not all gay couples want children either.

Should we thus only 'allow' the willingly childless, non-anal-sex-practicing, gay people to marry then?

Would that be ok Runner and AGIR?
Posted by suzeonline, Thursday, 2 December 2010 4:35:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In a democracy Suzie, if that's what the majority want then so be it.
Posted by keith, Thursday, 2 December 2010 4:47:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Briar Rose

'Runner you can be so irritating.'
Thankfully those close to me don't think so most the time. I would imagine that among the hardest people to live with are angry feminist. I doubt very much that you would not be irritating yourself. Then again only those who live close to you would know that.

Suzie you ask
Should we thus only 'allow' the willingly childless, non-anal-sex-practicing, gay people to marry then?

No, why send a perverted warped message about marriage to society. We have enough dysfunction with broken homes now without letting the family unit degrade further. To allow women to marry women is as sick as the idea of men marrying men. Most lesbians I know have had failed in their relationships with men and now are trying out with women. Poor kids! Just check out how many fatherless kids are in prison.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 2 December 2010 6:14:46 PM
Runner where are your Facts and evidence, for such a sweeping statement?
Your sad closeted and dictatorial view of life, is typical of those who assume a state of self delusion, that life should only be lived as they dictate. Living a life of insecurities I am sure would not pose well with your chosen "deity", and would not be happy that you abuse others in their name.
Posted by Kipp, Thursday, 2 December 2010 6:28:19 PM
The Australian’s Christopher Pearson's words....

He adds, “Among the reasons the Greens are so keen on same-sex marriage is that they want to reduce the population and drive down national fertility. Their refusal to discriminate positively in favour of heterosexuality and uphold the distinctive value of normal marriage shows their political project yet again for what it is: a dead end.”

What rubbish! Mutiny on the Bounty I'd call it. The greens are in favour of a balanced and sustainable population for all people in Australia including Christopher ( who happens to be gay ) which now after our support, he spits back at the one's who try and help......well....Mr Pearson..what a cold thought.....but now since you have mentioned it, I just love the idea.

Population reduction is one of the biggest issues on the planet, and if the religious sheep-people have their way.........all the grass in the global paddock will chewed right off the face of the planet.

Adoption is another important factor in this equation. This has to be the number 1 priority and not to make lame and ridiculous clams that the greens are working some sort of conspiracy. There are 10 of 1000's of unwanted babies out there looking for someone to love them........and I cant see why.......since gay people worship love......this should not be encouraged to the highest level.

Well thanks Mr Pearson for opening the doors to commonsense.

The greens will be happy to take the credit for at one:)

Remember people.....There are 23 million of us right now...and if we grow more,...well..........I hope you know what the insides of a packet of sardines looks like.

Lets make a little list...again shall we...

NO Jobs
Long waiting cues
Packed public transport
No hospital beds
Water shortages
Food price hikes
Destroyed environments
Max pollution
and the list goes on.

BLUE
Posted by Deep-Blue, Thursday, 2 December 2010 7:38:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy