The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Left fights left in 'gay marriage' wars > Comments

Left fights left in 'gay marriage' wars : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 2/12/2010

There is no monolithic 'gay' position on gay marriage - they're as divided as the rest.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Oh AJ suddenly believes that because the majority of people favour 'gay' marriage we should accept it as a democracy and yet when in California the people vote against it he can't accept democracy. I think your own hypocrisy is showing through.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 2 December 2010 1:49:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
History Buff, There are so many ways of depriving a child of a father and a mother, that the responsibility for that cannot be laid solely at the ssm advocates door.

There are far more heterosexual single parents than there will probably ever be ss couple parents, so if your prime concern is the deprivation of children, then why aren't you mentioning that in your arguments?

Can you not consider the children who are already being raised by same sex couples? What do you want to do - remove them from people who love them and whom they love?Marginalise them because they have same sex parents?

I don't support bullying of any kind in any cause.

Actually, I don't know about the culture in the ABC and Fairfax - but I do know there have been far more anti ssm articles on this site in the last few days than pro.

My "open heart" tells me that the capacity of a human being to love nurture and cherish a child is not determined by that person's sexual preference. Likewise, it is a truly wicked assumption to make that because a couple is heterosexual and the child's biological parents, they will always, because of their sexual orientation and their marriage be the best people to raise the child. Everything we know tells us that sexual orientation, and marriage, are not indicators of who will and will not abuse children.
Posted by briar rose, Thursday, 2 December 2010 1:54:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Show me where I said, or even implied anything like that, runner.
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 2 December 2010 2:07:56 PM
AJ Philips,

I take it you accept the decision of the majority of people in California that they don't want same sex 'marriage'. My apologies. You certainly imply this church group (spoken about on your link) was being unscrupulous for not supplying data that did not support their cause. If data was released regarding the unhealthy effects of sodomy then support for 'gay' marriage would plummet.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 2 December 2010 2:38:32 PM
Runner you can be so irritating.

Sodomy is as common in heterosexual relationships as it is in same sex couplings.
Why do you persist in representing it as only a gay thing?
Posted by briar rose, Thursday, 2 December 2010 3:58:54 PM
What is it about the anti-gay marriage crew
and their fixation on anal intercourse?

More sensibly, why should those gay couples
who want to marry be disallowed because some
other gay couples don't? I know lots of
heterosexual couples who prefer not to marry,
but nobody's suggesting banning heterosexual
marriage because lots of couples prefer to
remain de facto.

"we all know that there is a strong pro-gay marriage
left lesbian culture in the ABC and Fairfax and that
it censors alternative opinions"

No we don't, and there goes your credibility
out the window. You are the article's author,
aren't you 'History Buff'?
Posted by talisman, Thursday, 2 December 2010 4:08:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy