The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Women should be free to wear the burqa > Comments

Women should be free to wear the burqa : Comments

By Pip Hinman, published 29/11/2010

Wearing the burqa raises complicated questions of human rights.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. 45
  9. Page 46
  10. All
Liz45

Perhaps the thought has not occurred to you that you may be the one who is not listening, stuck on spouting the same old stuff rather, as if on a mission to convert the rest of us on the issue of the burqua.

Were you as concerned with freedom of expression as you claim to be you might show a little respect for the rights of others here to express their own opinions on these issues without repeatedly jumping to "correct" them as if the only perspective that matters is yours.
Posted by JanF, Tuesday, 4 January 2011 8:14:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Liz,
I also don't want to go around in circles, but I do like to clarify things. I can see that you are concerned for many women's issues, not the least being domestic violence. 

But in as much as you've answered my question, you agree with numerous others that the burqa is somewhat symbolic of men's oppression of women (but are nevertheless happy for women to display it).
Posted by Dan S de Merengue, Tuesday, 4 January 2011 8:40:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. 45
  9. Page 46
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy