The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Dismantling a homosexual marriage myth > Comments

Dismantling a homosexual marriage myth : Comments

By Bill Muehlenberg, published 25/11/2010

The attempt to radically redefine the very essence of marriage is not a minor word change.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 20
  13. 21
  14. 22
  15. All
Bill,
You article is articulate, well written and answers virtually every argument that the GLBT special interest group can throw against you. Marriage is the God ordained institution signifying the union of a man to a woman to the exclusion of all others - Game, Set and Match!
Posted by SEF, Thursday, 25 November 2010 5:01:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi bill, I and hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of others applaud your stand on this key moral issue, as you do in so many areas. I whole heartedly agree with all of your points.

I also wish to point out to all reading this how sad this homosexual lobby is that they must continually seek approval from all areas of society to try to justify their perverse lifestyle. It is as though they constantly need reassurance that what they are doing is right because deep down even they know how wrong it is.

Further to this, you can rest assured that even when they have achieved the foolish goals they have set for themselves that their need for approval will never be fulfilled as they and everyone else will still know homosexuality is wrong.

People will always know it, say it and think it. It seems a bit absurd that the radical homosexualists would even care what anyone else said or thought in the first place. I know I could not care less what they think or say about what I know is right.

Keep fighting the good fight bill, you are a shining light in the battle against the totalitarian regime of the gaystapo.

Your friend j
Posted by Jje, Thursday, 25 November 2010 5:11:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Deleted for flaming and arguing moderation.]
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Thursday, 25 November 2010 5:37:22 PM
Post's written by people who have been indoctrinated by their religious culture so as not to be able to think and argue rationally are such a waste of space.
Posted by EbenezerCooke, Thursday, 25 November 2010 5:41:18 PM
Thank you Bill Muehlenberg for another breath of sanity on the homosexual "marriage" travesty.

"Forty-seven percent of gay couples in a recently published study said that they had "sex agreements" with their partners, which clarify how often and in what circumstances they are permitted to have sex with others. Only 45% said that their relationships were monogamous, while another 8% disagreed about whether their relationship was “open” or exclusive, according to an ongoing study by the Center for Research on Gender & Sexuality at San Francisco State University.
The Gay Couples Study said that the couples interviewed typically put a positive spin on “open” relationships, with three out of four participants describing non-monogamous agreements as "positive" because it eliminates the need to lie to one's partner.
The authors also claimed that, "we found that couples make sexual agreements because they want to build a strong relationship rather than for HIV protection."
“With straight people, it’s called affairs or cheating,” according to Colleen Hoff, the lead researcher for the Gay Couples Study, "but with gay people it does not have such negative connotations.”"

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/jul/10072006.html
Posted by Proxy, Thursday, 25 November 2010 6:31:27 PM
An interesting thesis, Bill. The crux of your argument against gay marriage is that married gays won't respect fidelity or monogamy. I hate to rain on your parade, but neither will married straights. This has been well established.

There is a fascinating correlation amongst primates, where the size of their testes relative to their body mass indicates their likelihood to remain monogamous. As I recall, gorillas hold the record for the smallest testes and the highest monogamy rate. And I believe our closest genetic relative, the bonobo, enjoys the greatest rate of pomiscuity and the biggest nuts to boot (nice work if you can get it). Humans fall in the middle, and whilst we have a higher monogamy rate than many of the creatures on God's green Earth, we are still fairly slutty. Hey, it beats having tiny nuts, am I right guys?

Adultery is not a crime, and it happens all the time. Some folk believe it is a sin, but I disagree 'coz I'm a pantheist and 'sin' doesn't really hold much meaning to me. But I do think it is unethical, immoral, just plain wrong. And it is wrong regardless of whether it occurs in homosexual or heterosexual relationships.

It doesn't constitute a sound argument against either type of relationship. People cheat and lie, which causes pain and suffering, and it should always be condemned. But sometimes, they are loyal and honest :-), and that's what really matters - not who they're being loyal and honest to.
Posted by Riz Too, Thursday, 25 November 2010 7:49:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 20