The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Dismantling a homosexual marriage myth > Comments

Dismantling a homosexual marriage myth : Comments

By Bill Muehlenberg, published 25/11/2010

The attempt to radically redefine the very essence of marriage is not a minor word change.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22
  13. All
Unfortunately, there is a "Gay Agenda" which includes exactly what Michelangelo Signorile says it does.

Muehlenberg's article does not contradict activists Kirk and Madsen's own "After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90s", where the authors admit, "this is what you do: first you get your foot in the door by being as similar as possible; then, and only then-- when your one little difference is finally accepted-- you can start dragging in your other peculiar tics, one by one. You hammer in the wedge narrow end first. As the saying goes, allow the camel's nose beneath your tent, and his whole body will soon follow"

If you have a problem with Muehlenberg, then you should take it up with the Gay Rights community, since this is the accepted agenda. All this author is doing is sharing the information. He didn't make it up.
Posted by Kendra11, Thursday, 25 November 2010 1:15:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Bill I think you are on the money. There is far too much wooly and general sloppy thinking on this issue, and the implications for the long term outcome both for the society that buys these lies, and the children affected, have not been well thought through in general at all. One only has to see one person severely affected by childhood sexual abuse, for this whole process to fill one with loathing and detestation. Sadly too many people who abuse others have themselves been subject to abuse, often horrific. The very high rates of homosexual child abuse are truly appalling and need to be factored into any of these discussions. How homosexual couples can have children around them without affecting their sexual development is beyond me. I have seen dozens of horrifically affected cases, and I am well aware there are thousands more in this nation. We should not be mass producing this totally avoidable tragedy.
Posted by Hi There, Thursday, 25 November 2010 1:29:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm actually proud of myself.

I didn't vomit.

Tell us again, Bill, how urging caution about peak oil means one is going to shoot drivers at the petrol pump.

Or how family planning in sub-Saharan Africa is culling the global population.

Or how dinosaurs walked with men.
Posted by Firesnake, Thursday, 25 November 2010 1:35:19 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I meant to also add that a widely cited 1978 study by Alan P. Bell and Martin S. Wineburg reported that 43 percent of gays had more than 500 sex partners during their lifetime (look it up). Maybe to some that's the norm, but to many of us, it's still outrageously high.
Posted by Kendra11, Thursday, 25 November 2010 1:35:54 PM
Judges 19:9 - 30

".... [Now] as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, [and] beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know [have anal sex with] him.

And the man, the master of the house, went out unto them, and said unto them, Nay, my brethren, [nay], I pray you, do not [so] wickedly; seeing that this man is come into mine house, do not this folly. [here is] my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble [rape] ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing.

But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, brought her forth unto them; and they knew [raped] her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go. Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man's house where her lord [was], till it was light. And her lord rose up in the morning... and her hands [were] upon the threshold. And he said unto her, Up, and let us be going. But none answered. Then the man took her [up] upon an ass, and the man rose up, and gat him unto his place. And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, [together] with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel.

And it was so, that all that saw it said, There was no such deed done nor seen from the day...: consider of it, take advice, and speak [your minds]."

Your morality Bill. The scripture taught to our children instead of ethics. Glad to see you're on the job.
Posted by Firesnake, Thursday, 25 November 2010 1:48:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Woulfe, in regards to your reply:

"If they could only get over their obsession with homosex, we might actually be able to have a good discussion."

Do you mean that everybody who isn't keen on SSM must have an obsession with homosex or be homophobic to some degree? Kind of like me saying all those who are in favour of SSM must have a gay agenda of some kind? I have to disagree. Homosexuality is very far down on my list of priorities or what I spend my time thinking about day to day. So no, I wouldn't say I have an obsession at all, and like I've said (and I'm sure we can all say this) I work with gays, have people I call friends who are gay, etc. For the record, NONE of them want to get married so what we're all fighting for is a little confusing.

I appreciate the links though, perhaps there are more writings from opposition than what I thought. I guess I just haven't seen that many that aren't pitched in a negative way (i.e. to make me think that they are old dinosaurs that need to be removed from earth).
Posted by Jess B, Thursday, 25 November 2010 1:49:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22