The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Gay marriage - the moral obligation of our time > Comments

Gay marriage - the moral obligation of our time : Comments

By James Mangisi, published 23/11/2010

Our whole political discourse panders to the needs of swing-seat politicians who look after their jobs first.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
<<but by your own reasoning it can't be the anal intercourse - if it was, all those heterosexual buggers would be dropping like flies, but they're not. Are you just going to ignore this point because you don't have the answer to it?>>

OK.
I concede your point in view of the overwhelming depth of evidence you bring to your argument.
It can't have anything to do with "willies and botties in frequent, random contact".
It must be homophobes putting something in the water at the gay bath houses.
Or maybe they're disguising themselves as pharmacy assistants and pricking holes in condoms when homosexuals pay for them at the counter.
Or maybe those cunning, evil haters are infecting the glory holes at gay beats.
You're right, it can't possibly be their sexual practices.
You win.
Posted by Proxy, Sunday, 28 November 2010 8:22:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To the christian bigots in this forum:

Jesus never said anything about homosexuality so don't put words in his mouth. Talk about arrogance, telling us what your god thinks and wants.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure he said a whole swag of stuff about all people being treated equally though. If you believed he is the son of your god, you would consider following his teachings. But you don't, because you are hypocrites who base your actions on ignorance, prejudice and hatred.. Your church has seriously let you down in this regard.

And show me evidence that children need a mother and a father, other than your own 'hunches' (i.e. uninformed guesses) which you spout as fact to form the basis of your argument. I know plenty of good, successful and happy people who grew up without one or the other. I'm sure you do too.

Besides, and I'll say it again, legally recognising gay marriage will make no difference to laws and practices related to adoption etc. So it's a moot point anyway.

(PS not all christians are bigots, just the ones I'm addressing)
Posted by TrashcanMan, Sunday, 28 November 2010 8:42:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jeez Riz,

You forgot the gays! You forgot homosexual marriage!
And what about the irreligious ... like me?

Now does that indicate you are a closet blind or a closet forgetful bigot?

:-) I think we've reached a broad agreement.

Hey Trashman,

what about Rix's lists of other religious? Why aren't you including them as bigots too? Most of them don't include same sex marriage. Why don't you lump them in with the christian bigots? Are you showing prejudice?
Posted by keith, Monday, 29 November 2010 5:41:18 PM
There seems to be only the Christian ones here in this forum claiming authority over morality.

Once again, only a small percentage of Christians are overtly bigoted. My comments are for those in this forum who fit that description.
Posted by TrashcanMan, Monday, 29 November 2010 7:28:50 PM
"You forgot the gays! You forgot homosexual marriage!"
-keith

How silly of me. Although given that I consistently argue in favour of gay marriage, I figured you'd take it as read that I think they have as much right to marry as straight folk.

"And what about the irreligious ... like me?"
-keith

I understand the general consensus is an unpleasant afterlife, but you can't believe everything you hear.

Or were you talking about marriage rights? Of course the irreligious should enjoy the same marriage rights, indeed all the same rights, as the religious. And I rather would have thought that this point would be self-apparent to, well, everybody but crazy theocratic zealots.
:-)
Posted by Riz, Thursday, 2 December 2010 1:14:50 AM
<<Gay marriage - the moral obligation of our time>>

Is it a moral obligation to remove children from former-lesbian mothers who determine that their children are better raised in a normal environment?

Who would have thought that the decriminalisation of homosexuality would ultimately lead to the criminalisation of heterosexual parenting where it conflicts with the relentless homosexual agenda?
Posted by Proxy, Saturday, 11 December 2010 9:09:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy