The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > China isn't the monolith it's made out to be > Comments

China isn't the monolith it's made out to be : Comments

By Lao Zi, published 17/11/2010

One party state doesn't mean there is unity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Interesting analysis of Chinese internal politics.

And sobering to realise that supporting unregulated foreign investment carries its risks. Just like anything else in life.

http://currentglobalperceptions.blogspot.com/
Posted by jorge, Wednesday, 17 November 2010 4:19:22 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
thanks for the insight..sadly not many are making comment
[even us in the land of the free]

but knowing how sensative china is to any commentary
i feel i might as well note some general-points of concern

i hear there are whole cities..that have empty buldings
bought by the no doudt advantaged...and kept from those disadvantaged

my main concern being...globally...the default in values..of real-estate...and how much leverage..is held in 'real-estate'..that like usa...like spain...like ireland...has been found to be dangerously over valued...[which will directly lead to the future GLOBAL resession]

yes china..can be said to be..a nation of savers
but lets face it..its more about fear..because govt isnt doing the basics good govt needs do..[i include in this health]..

thing is...realise china needs consumers[not just the elites]..who are doing quite nicely..bying up houses in the never never..but real consumers..that support chinas industry

the best way to ensure spending..is to give reasonable wage
[and not let the inflation..chew up the real wage..
like the western CAPITA-List.. has become expert at]

its directly this shortfall in real income...and the overuse of credit-card..to buy product we dont need..[that goes obsolete minutes after first use]..

as well as the ever rising..cost of 'services...'and the deceit of infastructure expenditure..[with borowed moneies..nessitating ever more indirect tax..and govt revenue raising..that china neds to avoid]

as will become obvious in short time
when we hit the streets

yes the peasents revolting..
thats the real danger

too many selfish...land-lords...in their exclusive frainchise..[fief-doms]...trying to squeeze the last drop of/blood out of the peons

thats the only thing china needs concern about
thus give fairness...equal/fair measure
and enforce the rules equally

make money go to the small things..first
let the big-fish...EARN*...their money..*from the small fry

the thing the world lacks is good governance..more than anything
[ie people honouring..those they serve]
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 18 November 2010 11:44:19 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you Lao Zi for those insights.

Although there are great cultural differences and differences in historical experience from nation to nation, some features of human organisation seem to crop up everywhere. A political party will unite in a common front to oppose another political party. When one party, however, gets to be so far out in front in its sense of security then the cracks begin to appear within it as members jostle for advantage. It seems to be a law of organisations that schisms occur; there are more people who want to be a chief than there are leading positions in one monolithic party, or church, or corporation.
Posted by Fencepost, Saturday, 20 November 2010 5:55:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you for this.
I was aware of the new leadership plans but not how the factions lined up.
I am following labor relations, where the current CCP leaders are more supportive of workers rights.
The worst expoitative companies - eg Foxconn with 12 youth suicides - are now under scrutiny, in the public spotlight.
Corporates and business flout new labor laws, but with much more worker protest.
Striking workers are winning wage increases - such as at Honda.
In the union, ACFTU key factions support unions' changes to stand next to workers, to conduct collective bargaining for workers and to allow workers to elect their union representatives.
See my report at http://chriswhiteonline.org/2010/11/hot-labor-relations-in-guangzhou/
Posted by Chris White, Monday, 22 November 2010 11:28:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy