The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > No consensus to change Queensland abortion law, but strong support for safeguards for women > Comments

No consensus to change Queensland abortion law, but strong support for safeguards for women : Comments

By Alan Baker, published 5/11/2010

Not only don't Queenslanders support liberalised abortion laws, but they will vote against politicians that do.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
How's this for a thought: we legalise abortion, and instead of women being punished in this world for what many do not regard as a criminal act, we wait until they die, at which point God flings them into 7th circle of Hell where they spend all eternity in a river of boiling blood - a far worse sentence than one that an Earthly court can impose.

That should keep you happy, right runner?
Posted by Riz, Thursday, 11 November 2010 1:03:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually, Riz has me thinking now...

Abortion is actually the greatest gift one can provide a child. They by-pass the cruelties of this Earthly world and skip straight to the good bits in heaven. Not only that, but by skipping this world, they never run the risk of succumbing to the devil and going to hell.

Now that I think about it, why is it looked down upon so much when a teenage girl - engaging in pre-marital sex - falls pregnant and has an abortion?

All they’re doing is creating souls and sending them to heaven. Without such sinful acts being committed, these souls would never have been brought into existence and thus would never have enjoyed the eternal bliss of heaven. Instead, they would have continued on in the eternal nothingness we’re all in before we’re born.

So by Christian logic, we should encourage promiscuity and use abortions as birth control.
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 11 November 2010 9:56:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Another thought...

If a woman aborts a foetus that was going to grow into an adult that would have lived a life that sent them to hell, would she still go to hell despite the fact that her abortion saved that foetus’s soul from eternal damnation?

Of course, I don’t expect an answer. I just thought I’d point out yet another reason why the Christian belief system makes no sense.
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 11 November 2010 9:57:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy