The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > John Howard shoe-thrower's moral miss-hit > Comments

John Howard shoe-thrower's moral miss-hit : Comments

By Farid Farid, published 4/11/2010

The culturally co-optive nature of benevolent groups to take on causes and speak on behalf of those who allegedly cannot speak for themselves is disturbing.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Hi Loudmouth... *wave*....

I think the shoe throwing incident is just hyporcricy.. I'll bet he is at the next 'peace' rally :)

But back to....'you'.

You say your a lefty ? hmmm could you flesh that out a bit..I'm rather interested. How do you define yourself in distinction from the 'Right'
and how do you even define 'Right' politically/socially speaking?

I'm interested in your views on the issues of:

- Public spending.. should tax payers top up bankrupt pension funds for public servants or Unions?

-Do you believe Government creates "Jobs"?

-Do you believe in 'BIGGGG' government?

-Do you believe BIGGGG government can continually fund itself in the light of a diminishing 'value added' economy in the West?

Love to hear from you on those.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Thursday, 4 November 2010 5:37:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Who paid for his replacement pair of pumps?
Posted by Dallas, Thursday, 4 November 2010 11:19:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry, but throwing an object at someone as a projectile, in aggression, is a form of assault.

It is further from the "right to express yourself" and closer to the movement that would seek to deny people such a right.

And that is no exaggeration.
Posted by King Hazza, Thursday, 4 November 2010 11:22:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ho Hum, Hi,

Yes, interesting times in the US as the children take over the asylum: now we'll see - as Turnbull said a few weeks ago, there's none so powerful as the powerless, so now that the crackpots have power, what do they really stand for, what do they really, really want, how do they sort out their sh!t ?

As for your comments on Jules Henry, I'm not so sure it's any more repressive now than back in the sixties. Maybe people feel they have more to lose now and are less game to risk it. And maybe more inclined to think about issues as sort of sound-bites, i.e. very poorly thought-through. Ergo, little discussion, much bluster, and shoe-throwing.

AGiR, good questions: so what do YOU think is meant by Left and Right these days ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 5 November 2010 7:51:40 AM
"Why do these idiots reside at the fringes of left wing politics?"
-Shadow Minister

'Coz the fringes of any ideology constitutes the natural habitat of the idiot. Right-wing extremists are no better, and frequently a good deal worse than left-wing extremists. Religious fundamentalists are also idiots. The problem is not with the left or the right or the Church or whatever, it's with the people who take it too far.
Posted by Riz, Friday, 5 November 2010 11:40:11 AM
Well said, Riz. It covers all bases.
Go to the top of the OLO class,mate.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Friday, 5 November 2010 2:36:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy