The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It's time to confront the deadliest demon of them all > Comments

It's time to confront the deadliest demon of them all : Comments

By Dan Haesler, published 4/11/2010

One Australian boy or girl suicides every four days and another ten to twenty try.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All
pelican you ask

Do you really believe that it is only women who "do the dirty" on their partners? Certainly not Pelican. In fact I think most time it is men who are unfaithful. I do know men however that have committed suicide as a result of unfaithful women. I know many more women who have been pooped upon by their man but they seem to handle it differently.

You accuse me of dishonest representation. I was by no means trying to paint women as the 'evil' ones in relationship breakdowns, Sometimes its the man, sometimes its the woman but usually its both. I hope that clarifies it for you
Posted by runner, Monday, 8 November 2010 11:13:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes thank you runner. It is the first time I have read a post from you that acknowledges that men do leave their wives. If you listened to some of the men on OLO you would think a woman has never suffered hardship from the actions of a man and when they do it must be their fault.
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 10 November 2010 11:06:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The inevitable co-opting of the youth suicide problem to advance the homosexual agenda as demonstrated by some in this discussion is based on myths and distortions, as are so many claims by homosexual activists.
According to the non-partisan Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the risk factors for youth suicide are:
-History of previous suicide attempts
-Family history of suicide
-History of depression or other mental illness
-Alcohol or drug abuse
-Stressful life event or loss
-Easy access to lethal methods
-Exposure to the suicidal behavior of others
-Incarceration
Not a mention of homosexual oppression.
Could it be because it is a fact-based?
http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/dvp/suicide/youthsuicide.htm

The World Health Organisation gives suicide statistics for countries, albeit in age-amalgamated form.
Lots of luck using that data to "prove" that homosexual-friendly countries have lower suicide rates although I'm sure our homosexual activists will manage to find what they want to find.
http://www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide/suiciderates/en/

Homosexuals are 10% of population - Myth/lie
Anal sex between males is no more risky than normal sex - Myth/lie
Advancing the homosexual agenda will reduce youth suicide - Myth/lie

An abysmal track record which needs to be exposed.
Posted by Proxy, Sunday, 14 November 2010 7:53:13 AM
Parents need to spend more time with their children and stop pretending material things will substitute for parental attention and clear guidance and concern.

Children do not need parents who acquiese to the child's every whim. They need clear guidance and respect. This requires parent's to reflect on their own behaviour and consider whether they are setting the right example.

salaams
Posted by grateful, Tuesday, 23 November 2010 7:00:42 PM
Mitchell: I think people have good reason to be depressed and your kind of bracing logic, however 'ostensibly' useful in some circumstances (like in the army), implicity backs the sick culture that is for my money to blame.

So, are you saying that if I don't cry at the drop of a hat then I'm part of a sick culture? Please explain!

I find that the only reason some people get depressed is lack of self disapline. These people have been so mollycoddled in their youth that they can't handle the real world. They want everything given to them & when it doesn't happen (in the real world) they get depressed. I lay the blame squarely at the feet of the pushers of Political Correctness.

We are unique: Have you lost a 'young' close relative or friend to suicide JayB? Do you have children who may one day be at real risk?

Yep, many, My Grand father, My wifes first husband, three cousins & a number of close friends. And maybe in the future, a daughter. Nothing I can do about it. I've tried, My ex has tried, All her friends have tried. The doctors have tried. She WILL NOT accept advice or help. We are still here for her but it's up to her.

When you have suffered a loss, that hits you hard or impacts upon your heart, JayB, your hardness and lack of compassion for other people at risk, whatever the causes, may disappear and your views will hopefully change.

I don't think so. Life is hard. It is meant to be hard to sort out the weak. That's the way real life is, unfortunately. If you cry at everything that doesn't go the way you want it to, or at everyone's misfortune then you become a candidate for suicide yourself.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 23 November 2010 8:56:56 PM
Depression is not a complete negative, when coming out of a depressed period or episode is a real life cycle experience and challenge to achieve towards the opposite a positive, in finding self’s balance. Creative negativity is a natural life cycle, and it doesn’t need doting others spinning help me but their families to stop running away as if depression is some disease sponsored and endorsed by the state. The political nanny’s who want to control every feeling and have an explanation for everything is a real sick state of affairs.
Posted by Dallas, Tuesday, 23 November 2010 11:00:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy