The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Parliamentarians should have a conscience vote on gay marriage > Comments

Parliamentarians should have a conscience vote on gay marriage : Comments

By Rodney Croome, published 1/11/2010

For often perverse reasons our parliamentary institutions have failed to keep pace with public opinion on gay marriage.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. All
Proxy,

“We need to remember that diverse countries have diverse ways of doing things.
Some in the West might think that executing homosexuals is harsh but who are we to judge another culture or say that our way of responding to the relentless homosexualisation of our culture is better than their response.”

If this were my Forum, I would have you banned. I would not do this as a matter of denying free-speech but in the cause of limiting the promotion of homicidal idiocy.

You are one sick dude.

David
Posted by Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc, Thursday, 25 November 2010 7:13:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<<If this were my Forum, I would have you banned. I would not do this as a matter of denying free-speech but in the cause of limiting the promotion of homicidal idiocy.>>

I should clarify that I am not engaging in homocide or even promoting it but merely reporting on diverse countries whose culture appears to predispose them toward engaging in such activities.
Perhaps you should be addressing them.

Your response appears to be consistent with the "progressive" trend of shooting the messenger rather than actually condemning the perpetrators.
Seems queer to me.
Posted by Proxy, Thursday, 25 November 2010 7:26:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Get off the grass, Proxy. You are promoting that what these ignorant countries do is OK. You are a F*^*^n idiot.

Do you say the same about how they treat women or, heaven forbid, apostates (Atheists)or is it just saved for same sex oriented people?

Get a life.

David
Posted by Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc, Thursday, 25 November 2010 7:33:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Perhaps those countries have observed what is happening in the West and determined that the only way to stop the homosexual juggernaut is through tough love.
It seems to be working for them."
-Proxy

"I should clarify that I am not engaging in homocide or even promoting it but merely reporting on diverse countries whose culture appears to predispose them toward engaging in such activities."
-Proxy

Sorry, I'm confused, Proxy: are we meant to be condemning the cultures who attempt to stop the homosexual juggernaut through tough love, or are we meant to be condemning those barbaric, murderous religious zealots who are an affront to common decency? With all the condemnation flying about, I forget who I'm supposed to hate.
Posted by Riz Too, Thursday, 25 November 2010 9:09:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<<Sorry, I'm confused, Proxy>>
Recognition and admission are the first steps toward healing.

<<are we meant to be condemning the cultures who attempt to stop the homosexual juggernaut through tough love, or are we meant to be condemning those barbaric, murderous religious zealots who are an affront to common decency?>>

Calling people from other cultures "barbaric, murderous religious zealots" just because they execute homosexuals is not very inclusive.
You need to understand that their holy books compel them to act in this manner.
Education is the key.
Posted by Proxy, Thursday, 25 November 2010 9:39:44 PM
"Recognition and admission are the first steps toward healing."
-Proxy

My, what a clever witticism. My sides positively ache with mirth.*
*sarcasm

"Calling people from other cultures "barbaric, murderous religious zealots" just because they execute homosexuals is not very inclusive."
-Proxy

Yeah, but if they murder homosexuals for religious 'reasons' (read: homophobia dressed up in religious justifications), then they are barbaric religious zealots. So bloody what if it's not 'inclusive'? I'm not very inclusive of wife-beaters and rapists either. Are you going to have a cry about that too? No, I thought not.

"You need to understand that their holy books compel them to act in this manner."
-Proxy

Their holy books don't compel them to do a damn thing, and you know it. Remember before when we talked about behaviour being a choice? Or do suffer from what the medical profession know as 'convenient amnesia'?

"Education is the key."
-Proxy

Not always, 'twould seem. Then again, you just could have missed out on a lot of education. That would actually explain a great deal.
Posted by Riz Too, Thursday, 25 November 2010 10:19:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy