The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Israel's loyalty oath bill > Comments

Israel's loyalty oath bill : Comments

By Antoun Issa, published 27/10/2010

Is Israel's new loyalty oath bill 'ethnocratic, theocratic, nationalistic and racist'?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Dear David f,
What is your vision. As you seem to be against everything what do you stand on and for. There are 2 beliefs to my knowledge, positive and negative. To paraphrase Jesus if you are not for the positive you are for the negative by default. So be careful because the negative can present as a false positive as Paul of Tarsus explains in 2 Cor 11-14 and Gal i-8. The fact that the Jews make a stand for their nation is a positive not a negative as you seem to indicate.

Regards Richie 10
Posted by Richie 10, Thursday, 28 October 2010 5:31:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Khalid Amayrah a major Jewish Rabbi says that all non-Jews are donkeys,who are only permitted to exist to serve the chosen people.
Why has he not been shouted down? http://mycatbirdseat.com/
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 28 October 2010 5:36:49 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Richie 10,

I have a vision of humans living in peace with each other and showing kindness and compassion to each other. I hope we humans will regard ourselves as a species which is just one of many and respect the natural world. I hope humans will realise that we have a limited time on this earth and behave in a manner so that those we leave behind will remember us with love and regret our passing. I have a vision of people being skeptical and discarding superstition whether it is named religion or something else. I have a high regard for the scientific method as a way of finding out about the world and hope more people will learn about it. I hope people will have less regard for possessions and more regard for art, literature, science and the natural world. I have a vision of people being more aware of human suffering and trying to relieve it. I hope humans will be more aware of overpopulation, militarism, racism and other social problems and do something about them.

I think we should be kind and question.

I don't believe life is so simple that we can divide everything into positive and negative. Your positive may be my negative, and we both may be wrong.

I also don't believe there is any authority we can look to for all the answers although I listen respectfully to Patrick Leonard when he talks about fungus. He really is an expert in that area. I think we can try to recognise wisdom, but ultimately we have to figure things out for ourselves.

Dear Arjay,

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef's remarks have been condemned by many including the prime minister of Israel, the US State Department, the Jewish Anti-defamation League and even other ultra-orthodox rabbis. I think it is no good to shout people down regardless of what they say. That just means the one with the loudest voice prevails.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 28 October 2010 1:34:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear David f,
Thank you for sharing your heart.
Regards Richie 10
Posted by Richie 10, Thursday, 28 October 2010 6:47:04 PM
Leaving aside any consideration of the logic of the Israeli affirmation of loyalty, the author's statement: 'Instead of a Jewish-only oasis, we have a state implanted on a large non-Jewish indigenous population that, including the Occupied Territories, is heading towards becoming the majority" impies that Jews have no right to live in their own country. Any suggestion that all "Palestinians" are indigenous to Israel is a nonsense. There are black Palestinians, the descendants of Muslim slaves, while others are descendants of Lebanese, Syrian and Egyptiam immigrants. So who has more right to Judaea, land of the Jews? On top of that, Muslim "Palestinians" are busy forcing out Christians, making a mockery of any legitimate claims to "Palestine" based on a shared history.

Antoun Issa lambasts Israel for its "Jewish state" ideology, where is the concern over Saudi refusal (based on religious edict) to allow Jews to even set foot on the Arabian Peninsula- an area where they once lived in their thousands.
Posted by viking13, Friday, 29 October 2010 8:53:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy