The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Anti-Gay Marriage gays > Comments

Anti-Gay Marriage gays : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 27/9/2010

Gay marriage is a distraction from the real issues confronting homosexuals

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. All
@Briar Rose.
Everyone says there's a problem with tolerance of homosexuals and that the Final Solution to this problem will be for White countries and only White countries to re define the terms of the fundamental unit of society, the Family to suit homosexual tastes.
Re defining the fundamentals of a society is everyone's business but if I object to this attempt at changing the most essential building block of human society I'm branded a Naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.
Nobody is trying to tell the Japanese to change the basic unit of their society, the family.
Nobody is trying to tell the Nigerians to change the basic building block of their society, the family.
Only White people are expected to accept a re definition of the most basic building block of the White Race, the family

So Briar Rose tell us,you've identified a topic which White people and only White people should not be talking about even though we're the only ones being asked to accept the re definition of our most fundamental societal unit,the family.
What in your view are we allowed to discuss?
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Tuesday, 28 September 2010 10:35:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah, right. There are some straight people who want nothing to do with marriage, so the right to marry should be denied to heterosexuals too. Eh?

These people arguing against gay marriage are a bit like mad old Canute, beating back the waves. I particularly love how the “but-the-gays-don’t-want-it” argument against gay marriage doggedly ignores the facts.

First, if only gay activists want marriage, rather than your average poof-on-the-street, how come hundreds of gay couples are travelling overseas to get married? http://www.australianmarriageequality.com/international.htm (Exact figures are not yet known, but overseas-married same-sex couples will be allowed to indicate that they are officially married on next year’s census http://www.australianmarriageequality.com/news/20090507.htm )

It’s also interesting that many couples are entering into British civil unions at local consular missions, http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/gay-couple-to-marry-at-the-british-consulate/2006/06/12/1149964469537.html indicating that there’s a big demand for the almost-marriage recognition that Britain offers.

Second, in NSW at least, until 2007 the activists in the NSW Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby were actively resisting marriage until a state-wide consultation showed them that the people they represent want nothing less than full equality: http://glrl.org.au/images/stories/all_love_is_equal_isnt_it.pdf

Third, more recent research has confirmed the findings that the majority of same-sex-attracted people (i.e. not just the activists) want access to marriage http://www.notsoprivatelives.com/.

The story that Terpstra is trying to spin is simply not true. A small majority of same-sex couples wish to marry, and an overwhelming majority believe that we should have the right to choose marriage. Just like checking the names of the writers he quotes (it’s John Heard, not James), Terpstra should check his facts before airing his ill-informed prejudices.

For those who are interested, two recent and relevant articles:

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/lifematters/portia-degeneres-and-the-fight-for-samesex-marriage-20100927-15t7u.html

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/states-could-legalise-samesex-marriage-20100927-15u0k.htm
Posted by woulfe, Tuesday, 28 September 2010 10:42:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jay of Melbourne : Your post is a load of hysterical twaddle - and demonstrates exactly what I was talking about.

White supremacy, Nazis, "everyone says," AND the Final Solution -

"we're the only ones being asked to redefine the most fundamental societal unit" -

As Nietzsche observed, morality is often nothing more than the expression of personal emotions: "I hate it, therefore it is wrong/illegal/immoral."

Apart from all that, "the most fundamental societal unit" is being redefined, and has already been redefined by heterosexuals for decades.

What is your problem with homosexuals? That's the most important question facing you.
Posted by briar rose, Tuesday, 28 September 2010 11:59:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jay Of Melbourne:

Ah well, at the risk of waggling fingers of accusation from posters, and cries of “troll”, (Definition = In Internet slang, a “troll” is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum): I venture an intrusion here. Since we are to discuss a topic on sexual preferences, I feel it inappropriate to “spin the bottle”, as one suggestion for picking the winner. I prefer your Greek connection: And to split the infinitive, “I boldly go where many men have gone before”, and lay twenty prayers on “Saints” for a win.

On parting though, and to give this post some credibility, the article backs-up my opinion from previous posts on this subject suggesting that Gay Marriage is not universally accepted amongst Gays themselves.

Would it be interesting or not to survey Gays in the community for their preference, yes or no, to Gay Marriage? One cannot help but notice the high incidence of quoting any survey, scientific or not, (as implied in this article) supporting the “yes” preference by that minority Gay group in our community (also implied in this article) the Gay activists.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 28 September 2010 12:03:57 PM
60 Per Cent of Australians Support Gay Marriage.

The nationwide survey of 1100 respondents carried out by Galaxy Research found females (68 per cent) were more likely to support gay marriage than males (53 per cent), while Australians aged 16 to 24 (74 per cent) were more likely to agree than those aged 25 to 34 (71 per cent), 35-49 (68 per cent) or 50 and over (45 per cent).

Greens voters (82 per cent) were more likely to agree than those who vote for the ALP (64 per cent) and the Coalition (50 per cent).

Attitudes also split according to income levels. While 66 per cent of white-collar workers backed the change, that figure fell to 55 per cent for blue-collar workers.

Here is a web link to the poll results: http://www.australianmarriageequality.com/Galaxy200906.pdf
Posted by jason84, Tuesday, 28 September 2010 1:49:55 PM
Jason84 you said: “Your [sic] obviously not a ‘history buff'; or you would know what the effect that the ban on interracial marriage had on the people who were affected.”

Please. Are you seriously comparing skin colour to sexuality?

Should the rich white-majority gay establishment compare themselves to victims of racism? And, by the way, most non-white people across the world oppose “gay marriage.
Posted by History Buff, Tuesday, 28 September 2010 6:40:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15