The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Going Mad in New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games in Crisis > Comments

Going Mad in New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games in Crisis : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 27/9/2010

Do the Commonwealth Games have a point anymore?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I agree dave,

I was just saying that on another thread about beauty pageants. I cant see how kids being in beauty pageants is any worse than kids going to the institute of sport or spelling or chess competitions at the same age.

You'd like Eric Growthe jnr. He decided he only wanted to play for Parramatta, and was not interested in playing for Australia any more. He said he'd rather play guitar, and he saw the NRL like a job, and he had no ambition to play in these games. He prefers to see himself as a musician who plays football to pay the bills.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?s=5fcaf00a18f0748e3d4b4685416bd98d&t=184667
Posted by Houellebecq, Tuesday, 28 September 2010 11:40:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Commonwealth Games or its before the Empire Games are a very important cultural event as well as sporting event.

However, you don't need a 5 star accommodation to sport a cultural event.

If this Commonwealth Games goes without much hitches it will be a success as not all countries can provide a brilliant venue.

It will be a success. The Indians are no fools, maybe a bit disorganised right now, but it will go through eventually as a good
sporting and cultural Commonwealth event. And thanks the Aussie team
for not appearing as too fussy where they sleep.

The sad thing I saw was children helping lay concrete pavers to make
the event work. Maybe we should think this country has kids also working to make the event work. And reward them accordingly.
Posted by Bush bunny, Wednesday, 29 September 2010 10:25:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy