The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Aboriginal health restored to its proper priority > Comments

Aboriginal health restored to its proper priority : Comments

By Jacqueline Phillips, published 17/9/2010

The initial omission of the Indigenous health portfolio could have just been a clumsy oversight

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Transki, the truth hurts doesn't it? Loudmouth speaks the truth above.
Did you read his post?

Transki <"The only way of dealing with it is a multifaceted and "inclusive" combination of ALL the issues that have lead to the current dysfunctional state of affairs, of which "education" is but one."

If everything I suggest is wrong, then by all means tell us all exactly what you suggest will assist Indigenous health?
What are 'all the issues"?

Have you ever had any direct contact with Indigenous people's health issues?
If you haven't, then you really have much less of an idea of how to help improve Indigenous people's health than I do.

If the answers were that easy, then we all would have worked it out long ago, because no one wants to see children suffer.
Posted by suzeonline, Sunday, 19 September 2010 3:17:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Transki,

Well, in Suze's defence, you did write: "All my comments on this thread refer to remote aboriginal communities." [Saturday, 18 September 2010 2:06:31 AM]
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 19 September 2010 5:25:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tranksi,

I am intrigued by your statement, that, if standard child care rules were applied to the care of Aboriginalchildren in remote communities,

"entire remote aboriginal communities would be close to without children, while the kids are fostered out, fed properly, get correct medical attention, are educated about the wider community and are trained to serve the wider community."

Yes ? And your point would be ? Both Suze and I have lived and worked in communities, but she's a much nicer person - I have a less sympathetic viewpoint about taking children into care who are in some very real danger.

Go on, ask me - would I support such a policy ?

In a heartbeat.

Does it come down to: culture vs children ? I think this is a false dilemma, but if you want to push it, I would still side with the children. Suck it up.
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 19 September 2010 7:05:22 PM
OK, I can now see that suzeonline is not serious about the subject matter. She writes "the truth hurts". What a pathetic statement. Apparently according to suzeonline, it's supposed to "hurt" me because aboriginal people who have been assimilated into broad society have better health outcomes. Sheesh! She clearly doesn't give a stuff about the subject matter. She wants to score points and "win".

She arrogantly asks "what are all the issues". She knows exactly what all the issues are, yet chooses to address only one, education. Again, she asks that question in order to point score. She wants to "win" and be seen to "win". She's clearly not serious about this.

She keeps asking what experience I've had with aboriginal people. By her "manner" of asking it's also clear she's not serious. She wants to "catch me out", hoping that I've never had any contact with aboriginal people, which in her mind allows her to then adopt a politically correct moral high ground as she's had some contact with aboriginal people. She then thinks this allows her to "win". Clearly she's not serious. She finishes with the phrase "suck it up". That speaks for itself.

It's pointless in engaging with someone who simply doesn't care.
Posted by Transki, Sunday, 19 September 2010 10:18:35 PM
EDIT for my above post - - - Loudmouth was the person who finished with the phrase "suck it up". Birds of a feather flock together it seems.

Loudmouth, yes I did write "all my comments on this thread relate to remote aboriginal communities". However what you conveniently didn't mention is that suzeonline twisted those words to mean that I didn't care about aboriginal people in other areas. She wanted to score a "point" and "win", and she twisted what I wrote in her failed attempt to do so. I have over 40 years of direct medical support to remote communities in NT QLD WA and SA. Eleven years of those 40 years have been spent in permanent residence within communities. THAT'S why I have directed my comments towards remote communities, that's where my history and direct involvement lies.

You ask "and your point would be?" regarding something I wrote. Well my point is precisely what I actually wrote (in rather plain and simple
English). That is, if children are removed from remote communities in order to be assimilated, educated, get better clothes/shelter/education/health outcomes then those communities would be left minus all those children. So Loudmouth, what don't you understand about that?

Loudmouth you write "I will still side with the children". It's not a case of "siding" with anyone or anything. That's why your politically correct stance of removing children in remote communities has failed, failed, failed these children and entire communities for countless decades. Some whiteys NEVER learn. They think that by forcibly imposing white, culturally inappropriate solutions on remote black communities they'll get results. IT NEVER WORKS. IT EVER HAS.

But that's it for me, I won't contribute more to this thread. I can see it's pointless engaging with people who clearly don't understand, and don't want to understand, the complexities of the subject matter. Go ahead and score your "points" folks in subsequent posts, that will really help aboriginal people won't it!
Posted by Transki, Sunday, 19 September 2010 10:49:59 PM
Transki, despite your big dummy-spit above, you still haven't actually said what YOU think will help Aboriginal health problems?
But now you have left the thread, we will never find out.
Posted by suzeonline, Monday, 20 September 2010 2:34:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy