The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Quran burning: a sign of things to come > Comments

The Quran burning: a sign of things to come : Comments

By Muqtedar Khan, published 10/9/2010

Muslims must be patient and let Terry Jones enjoy the monopoly on barbarity as he burns the Holy Quran.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. Page 29
  10. All
Time is running out for an apology, grateful.

It is a particularly bad look, when you accompany the lie with:

>>It is people like stevenmyer who should not be appeased. Their behaviour is selfish and callous and deserving of nothing but contempt. Not once have i read anything except insults under the banner of the 'right to insult'. His behaviour is an insult to civilisation and decency<<

Time to swallow your pride, I think. Don't you?

And stevenlmeyer, you have my deepest sympathy. What an awful way in which to be reminded of your own tragic loss.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 22 September 2010 2:30:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Pericles

I'm over it now. I should not have let myself get so emotional.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Wednesday, 22 September 2010 9:39:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear stevenlmeyer,

You have my deepest sympathies also.

grateful is quiet effective in arguing against Islam.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 22 September 2010 11:26:23 PM
Thanks David

It was actually a long time ago but sometimes I get flashbacks - especially when I hear about other people suffering that kind of loss.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Thursday, 23 September 2010 2:06:30 PM
<<GRATEFUL!

I have never before been angry with anyone on OLO. This is a debate forum and my attitude has always been if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

That was until today. It has taken me this long to calm down and compose a decent post.

Let me tell you something grateful. We lost a daughter in a road accident so I know what it is like suddenly to lose someone you love. I really felt for you. When you accused me of inciting violence I thought it was your grief speaking. I remember how angry at the world I was at the time.

What you did was unspeakable grateful. It was ROTTEN.

Aaarrrhhh !>>

stevenlmeyer,

I have children, including daughters, and understand where you are coming from. The intention of my post was to personalise the impact that dehumanising a whole group of people can have. Marwa is a Muslim sister and the manner of her death did have an affect on myself and family because her death was for no other reason than she wore a hijab (so she could have been my wife or daughter). I obviously had no idea about your personal tragedy and without reservation apologise for the hurt that has been caused by refering to Marwa as my sister.

The intention was not to deceive as Pericles has suggested. This should be obvious because on several occassions i have said that i was not born into a Muslim family and i expected regulars like yourself to recognise that i was using the term sister in its islamic context. But on reflection i should have used "Muslim sister" (the norm among Muslims) so i apologise for not doing so.

salaams

PS The reason i did not post this on the "Einstein" post is because I have hit the post limit.
Posted by grateful, Friday, 8 October 2010 8:37:24 AM
Stevenlmeyer,

Just to add, this is the first time i have returned to the post after been made aware of a "serious impact" on the "Einstein" post. I was angry at the time and justed wanted to express my anger and move on.
Posted by grateful, Friday, 8 October 2010 8:53:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. Page 29
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy