The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Whose rights are they anyway? The children's? > Comments

Whose rights are they anyway? The children's? : Comments

By Bill Muehlenberg, published 3/9/2010

Same s*x adoption. Are children just guinea pigs in this radical social experiment?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. All
Australian's rights seem to erode more and more every year.
Governments and corporations are pushing families apart. they know that when one is off balance, they can be easily manipulated.
Look, we are in a battle between the forces of dark and light. I don't have the answer to any of our problems but just to emplore you to think, thank and do the right thing. Look into your heart and see if it is full of meism or youism.
Posted by Bluebushdog, Friday, 3 September 2010 3:33:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bill's article is full of commonsense and reality. Adoption of children by homosexual couples is a bizzare concept and against the best interests of children.
Posted by talinga, Friday, 3 September 2010 4:05:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Another OLO article which is basically just an excuse for 'gay-bashing'.

I'll put the same question to Bill I put to Warwick, who are we going to put a stop to straight parents bringing gay kids into the world? Obviously if we could stamp out gays at the source there'd be none of this nonsense about gays being caring and compassionate as straight people, now would there?

Here's an idea, stop straights from breeding - neuter the lot of them, result: no more gays.

PS

Will OLO publish two pro-gay adoptive parents articles, just for balance?
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Friday, 3 September 2010 4:07:44 PM
Johnny Rotten - I LOVE that question! Brilliant!
Posted by briar rose, Friday, 3 September 2010 4:28:04 PM
I find it rather ignorant that when someone like Bill raises concern and disagrees with homosexual adoption, people drag out terms like 'gay bashing' and make claims about a hatred Bill or other fellow Christians (including myself) have for gays. Nowhere has he done or said such things. As a Christian i might not agree with the lifestyle choice of homosexuals (including my gay brother), but i still show respect to them. All i hope is that i receive respect in return. But alas as some of these comments show, the pro homosexual adoption/marriage/etc types wear a victim mindset and show no respect to those whom disagree. Minorities can still be bigots.

The evidence is clear that children raised in a loving and nurturing family enivornment with a strong male and female to look up to is critical in a childs development. There is currently a very long line of these people waiting to adopt a child of their own (hence overseas/ third world adoption). However the evidence is not so clear as to homosexual adoption. A single study (raised before) with questionable methodology is not conclusive proof.

Homosexual adoption has 0% to do with gay rights. It is solely the rights of the child that we should be worried about and exactly what i applaud Bill for doing. So how about the LGBT lobby groups stop using this as a tool in their campaigns. Having a child is a privilege, not a right.
Posted by Nate10, Friday, 3 September 2010 4:44:47 PM
Nate10

So you would disapprove of your brother fostering or adopting a child?

Have you told him that you don't think he would be as good a parent as you because he is gay?
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Friday, 3 September 2010 4:56:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. All