The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Vote 1 blank! > Comments

Vote 1 blank! : Comments

By Brett Walker, published 20/8/2010

Vote 1 Blank! That’s one way to 'stick it to the man': Mark Latham is to be commended for pointing it out.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Are you sure, sonofgloin?

>>By control of our own destiny I was referring to our debt. When we are in debt the lender calls the shots<<

To whom are we in debt?

And in what manner are the lenders able to "call the shots"?

I'd be genuinely interested in your response, as I have heard this mantra so many times, it must be important.

So do let me know before I have to go to the ballot box, please.

It could make all the difference.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 20 August 2010 3:00:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles :>> To whom are we in debt?<<

P, my money is the Chinese for obvious reasons, but the Rudd/Gillard govt is not disclosing.

>> And in what manner are the lenders able to "call the shots"?
I'd be genuinely interested in your response, as I have heard this mantra so many times, it must be important.<<

Our largest export partner is China, and you can be assured even without disclosure that the only money available over the past two years is Chinese, and we borrowed from them. Given you have no been able to reconcile these facts then an explanation of the pressure for economic or political gain that comes from that scenario would be wasted on you. Mantra indeed, a displaying of the facts and a possible outcome is what I described.

>> So do let me know before I have to go to the ballot box, please.
It could make all the difference.<<

Given this last line I have to inform you I will not have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 20 August 2010 4:13:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Over a billion people in China would love to have the opportunity to vote. Here in Australia some silly people waste their vote.

Such people should be stopped from voting until they can prove that they can vote responsibly and intelligently.
Posted by David G, Friday, 20 August 2010 5:34:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We should be able to register a valid vote that records that no candidate is acceptable. A blank/informal vote does not achieve this.Leslie
Posted by Leslie, Friday, 20 August 2010 5:57:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy