The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Confessions of a protest voter > Comments

Confessions of a protest voter : Comments

By Tim O'Dwyer, published 20/8/2010

An informal vote may well describe some folks’ dress and demeanour on the day ...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
"So fellow Australians vote informal! It is the only form of protest against the corruption that pervades every level of our administration"

I can see how informal is a protest, but I cannot see how it is the ONLY FORM of protest.

What about voting for smaller parties instead?
In the worst and likely scenario, one of the 2 major parties will be elected, but how should they feel knowing that they won without getting a single primary vote, only because most electors placed them in the 6th position rather than the 7th? Is there a better protest?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 20 August 2010 3:28:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The comments thus far prove that most people shouldn't be allowed to vote. I've never read such rubbish.

People should have to prove they have some intelligence and some understanding of how our political system works before being allowed to vote. To allow anyone over 18 to vote is ridiculous and, worse still, to allow people to waste their vote is to invite the use of a firing squad.

For Christ's sake, use your vote to ensure that we elect a government tomorrow that cares about people rather than one that's in bed with both the wealthy and the big corporations.

Please!

www.dangerouscreation.com
Posted by David G, Friday, 20 August 2010 3:55:08 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"use your vote to ensure that we elect a government tomorrow that cares about people rather than one that's in bed with both the wealthy and the big corporations."

Agreed, David, and may I add, avoid a government that's in bed with any interest-group, not just the wealthy and the big corporation. Use your vote to make the government smaller, use your vote to kick out the nanny-state, use your vote to give people back the power over their own life.

Please!

www.ldp.org.au
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 20 August 2010 4:11:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear protest voters

1.Libs
2.Quality independent
3.Sex party
3.Labor
4 Family first or greens - who cares there both wacko's

The reason not to vote Labor - here is my reason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41VJISBGi9E
Posted by Angry Oak, Friday, 20 August 2010 5:56:49 PM
Yuyutsu

Politicians are now substituting sovereigns; the Kings, Queens or Emperors or Popes. Like the formers, politicians are people busy sucking the blood of their subjects and wasting it at their whims. Democracy remains a joke.

Humanity would have progressed to social advancements that we cannot imagine, in the same manner in which it has progressed scientifically, had people not had their lives cut short by Sovereigns determined to keep their privileges.

‘Servant-Master’, the relation that goes back to the Stone Age remains with us, and we perpetuate it by being afraid or not bother to think.
Posted by skeptic, Friday, 20 August 2010 10:41:18 PM
Tim O'Dwyer 'This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism'.

Since I can not find enough words to combat your witless sense of lethargy, I ask you to think of the "other". Indigenous people - those many who need everyone to put forth a fight. A No vote helps no-one. It is hapless and extreme, making it harder for those who do give their all and their best. Surely you can find one or two who are worth your pen of melancholy.

If I can try to inspire you perhaps Martin Luther King, Jr. with "I Have a Dream"

"But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. And so, we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice."

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkihaveadream.htm

I know many in the world who would love to vote but can not. I ask you not to act so inward or selfish. Apathy breeds Apathy.

http://www.miacat.com/
Posted by miacat, Saturday, 21 August 2010 1:27:16 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy