The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why a sustainable Australia needs multiculturalism > Comments

Why a sustainable Australia needs multiculturalism : Comments

By Andrew Jakubowicz, published 20/8/2010

Neither of the major parties has a policy that addresses cultural diversity as a dimension of policy planning.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
JR "Mate, explain clearly why my objection to a whites-only Australia is obnoxious"

because, like most propaganda, it is a lie

Australia is not a "whites-only" community, as some of my best friends (Sri-Lankan) and my wife (Philippino/Spanish) evidence and all of whom arrived here having waited, like me, in the migration queue for visas to be issued and then embraced Australian values on arrival.

but don't let the truth get in the way of your rhetoric Johnny, I always enjoy watching you humiliate yourself by entertaining us with your profound ignorance.
Posted by Col Rouge, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 1:16:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Col

Please reread JoM's and Derek's posts again - they are trying to promote a whites-only Australia. I find racism objectionable. I use my freedom of expression to state such clearly and unequivocally. I count myself among the fortunate to be born into the multiculturalism that is Australia.

You are indeed a lucky man to be living here, therefore if you value the egalitarianism that is Australia, why do you not take issue with those who work towards a whites-only Australia? Nice try to dangle asylum seeker bait - not buying into it. You and your partner were among the lucky who did not have to flee for their lives, you were able to wait in a queue - as I said you're a very fortunate man.

The only one displaying rank ignorance here is yourself.

You are so eager to deride anything I posit, that you wind up looking like a racist git
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 2:51:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Baygon...

I'd like to pick up on a point you made in one post there...

[With respect to multiculturalism there is one major frustration that I have with the debate and that relates to the assumption that it is possible to have a mono-cultural society.]

I don't think 'monoculture' is an unfair assumption, but in our case it is an evolved 'Aussie' culture which includes the primary colors of Irish/English/Scots/Celts who all tended to blend into the intial layer so to speak.
Yes..it was mainly white, and Christian-ish in values. But it certainly had an accumulation of the normal social woes and evils which would include looking down on perhaps indigenous people?

With regard to non European migrants who were brought here as a result of 'populate or perish'.. and with a background of the White Australia Policy, there was both positive (political) and negative (social/man on the street) reaction as I see it.

Too much 'furren' stuff, people..culture..language is threatening to people who do not go out each day and recite the 10 commandments of their culture.. they just live it.

History and experience tell us that when very different cultures are mixed, there can be problems. I'm glad you even conceded or underlined that very point about Dafur.

That 'is' the experience and history I refer to.
It's common to all mankind, not just trembling whitey.

But back to 'monoculture' We did have one (the blend) and there is nothing wrong with expecting or even encouraging newcomers to embrace our ways..with the additional blessing that some of their ways might rub off on us..producing a new evolved blend.

I see "multiculturalism" as more of a 'divide and rule' strategy than anything positive.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 7:14:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have to buy back into this game.
I didn't say anything about a mono cultural society, I'm talking a mono racial White state which embraces the many and varied cultures of Europe.
I'm like the character Thiemann in Jost's play Schlageter, "When I hear the word culture I release the safety on my Browning".
As he says in that scene, an invitation to talk about culture,brotherhood and egalitarianism always ends up being a trap in which free thinkers are either made to conform with fascism through peer group pressure or ratted out as enemies of the regime.
Don't talk to me about culture, you can't Genocide a culture, only a race.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 27 August 2010 11:20:27 PM
As someone I know, Jack Pettigrew, once said:

"All I can do is help to sound the clarion call, and hope that the call will not go unanswered"

Please stop Jay, race is meaningless. The biological diversity of our species is not correlated with the cultures our species live in. What has been shown is that culture and attiudes are passed on to our descendants, and that 'races' do not have genetically determined predispositions.

Genocide of the 'white race', how is that to achieved exactly?
Posted by Bugsy, Saturday, 28 August 2010 12:12:39 AM
"Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries."

"The Netherlands and Belgium are more crowded than Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them."

"Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to "assimilate," i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites."

"What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?"

"How long would it take anyone to realize I'm not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?"

"And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn't object to this?"

"But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews."

"They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white."

"Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white."
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 28 August 2010 7:12:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy