The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why a sustainable Australia needs multiculturalism > Comments

Why a sustainable Australia needs multiculturalism : Comments

By Andrew Jakubowicz, published 20/8/2010

Neither of the major parties has a policy that addresses cultural diversity as a dimension of policy planning.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Ozzie, as a Doctor I would imagine you have also dealt with many patients who have been the victim of white Australian violence?

Given the larger numbers of 'white' people in this country, I would think you see far more violence involving them?
As a nurse, I certainly have.

What about the 'first' Australians- Aboriginal people?
Do you have a problem with them too?

Why are you then concentrating on violence involving refugees or non-white Australians?

As a Doctor, you would have sworn an oath to care for and deal with all people equally, regardless of race or colour?
We live in a multicultural society whether you like it or not
Posted by suzeonline, Monday, 23 August 2010 8:02:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Dereck, you might be interested in this link:
http://www.treatyrepublic.net/
And this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6V82LD51UA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flVs1AjJwRM
This Blog:http://whitakeronline.org/blog/
These Podcasts:http://whiterabbitradio.net/

If you wanted to correspond further with me I'm here:

http://www.whitenewsnow.com/forums/members/jay-of-melbourne.html

On the forums I normally frequent intimidation, threats of legal actions etc are not tolerated and I'm not always this combative, this is my "War Face".
Don't worry, we're not jack booted Nazis, they only exist in Hollywood and a few groups of weirdos in the U.S, we're just normal White people and we're not looking to get you into any trouble.

Anyway I'm finished with this thread for now but there'll be a next time, as long as people write these nonsense articles there'll be people like me firing up the flamethrower.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 23 August 2010 8:53:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"On the forums I normally frequent intimidation, threats of legal actions etc are not tolerated and I'm not always this combative, this is my "War Face"."

On the forums Jay of Melbourne normally frequents only the 'right' views and the 'right' people are tolerated.

Makes the big "L" liberal bias of OLO appear positively benign in comparison.

Thank you J o M and Derek S for reminding us that human rights require constant vigilance.

JoM's "War-Face" http://www.tinyurl.com.au/i27
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 7:50:55 AM
On Sunday I asked "Surely we can have a discussion about sustainable population which includes immigration, but which doesn't merely serve as a platform for the racist and xenophobic contingent?".

Apparently we can't. I for one don't intend to give them any more oxygen, now that they've completely derailed the discussion.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 8:25:37 AM
I miss-posted the following, it. should be here

JoM “I wonder how you'd respond the the idea that "Multiculturalism" was designed to fail in order to bring about Racial assimilation?”

Not sure what you are suggest JoM but ultimately, “assimilation” will prevail because for “multiculturalism” to be “sustained” would mean its proponents would demand people of different culture would retain their “ethnic purity” by not intermarrying (intermarriage being the primary path for “assimilation”) and any ethnic minority which thinks that is a sustainable prognosis is seriously deluding itself to the point of extinction and I say that as an Anglo-Saxon, recalling that to be an “Anglo-Saxon means you are part “Angle, part Saxon and probably a bit of ancient Briton, some Celtic and of course mixed with bits of Roman, Norman, Gaelic Viking… oh do I need to go on?

Designed or not, multiculturalism will fail because it contains the seeds of its own destruction within the abnormal and abhorrent philosophy, which thinks it could possibly work but then, so many theories of collectivism harbor similar failngs and this is just another one, that it should be no surprise to anyone.
Whilst I doubt there is great difference between our views, I personally, see no merit in diluting the quality of our legal tradition by abdicating anything to Sharia law or the barbaric practices of a medieval religious-feudalism.
I always assumed among the multiplicity of reasons motivating Muslims migrating to a Christian country was to adopt the practices of that Christian country, as is demanded (in reverse) by Christians who may wish to migrate to any number of Muslim countries (the Seychelles to name but one)

Ah Johnny Rotten seems to think he has the right to be obnoxious to everyone … I am adopting a new policy for response to the likes of him

Susieonline different eating habits and food shops etc. is not a hallmark or valid claim of evidence of “multiculturalism”. Such things have been common in many countries in which the operators of such establishments have fully assimilated into the host nation before “multiculturalism” was invented.
Posted by Col Rouge, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 8:28:15 AM
Col Rouge

"Ah Johnny Rotten seems to think he has the right to be obnoxious to everyone"

Mate, explain clearly why my objection to a whites-only Australia is obnoxious?

Also detail how your support of a whites-only Australia fits with your self proclamation as a Libertarian, given that you have not made any effort to remonstrate with the pro-white posts written by JoM and Derek S?

As a migrant yourself, you are a direct beneficiary of Australia's multicultural community. According to you, you have done very well for yourself and living in a cosmopolitan city like Melbourne, no doubt your business is with a variety of people from Australian born through to immigrants. How do you manage, when meeting your clients face to face and discover their skin colour is darker than yours
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 12:16:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All