The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Token feminism? What token feminism? > Comments

Token feminism? What token feminism? : Comments

By Eileen Byrne, published 6/8/2010

When are we going to admit that when women get up the ladder it is because they have earned it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
Houellebecq: sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and a prominent feature in just about every posting of yours I have had the misfortune to read this year since joining OLO. In fact, up until now, steered clear of your mysoginistic arrogant posts regarding women and not bothered replying or giving you the attention you constantly seek through provocation to other female posters; often regarding trivial matters.

Q: If you do not agree on my viewpoints AS A WOMAN AND MOTHER, Houellebecq, that is tough! You do not live my life and have not known me, therefore STICK with facts and only comment on peoples lives you really do know about, via knowing them personally. Do not generalise about me playing victim in my life.

I suggest you stick with your internet researched statistics and I stand by my sources via government and university studies.

That okay with you Houellebecq?

BTW: have you ever posted any positive comments to females or about females during the time you have spent on OLO? Just wondering, as I am only able to recall you posting negative %$#@ and posting degrading comments towards female posters relating to female issues.
Posted by we are unique, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 12:14:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fact is Houellebecq, most women and mothers do it tougher than men, given, for starters, they endure the following during their daily lives for a good 40 years;

'Add to this, monthly cycles, gynaecological probs,pre-menopause, then menopause, just to name a few pain in the bum occurrences that women quietly soldier on with, while putting the family first, it is no surprise that women do not retire a great deal earlier; yet they keep working until their pay out to provide a roof over their family's heads.'

What the hell would you know about experiencing some of these 'female' things though Houellebecq? Why hide behind your moniker and not just state you are a male or a male adoring female who enjoys spruiking about womens issues you clearly do not experience!
Posted by we are unique, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 12:33:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is an interesting perspective on promotions to higher positions.

One is that they tend to higher clones of themselves.

Secondly networkers do very well, and this not based on ability.
Posted by JamesH, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 8:30:31 AM
I hear violins.....

'Fact is Houellebecq, most women and mothers do it tougher than men'

Fact huh? It's a bit crazy and out there that you think that you can compare the relative hardships of women and men because you're a woman, but I cannot dispute this view because I am a man. Yes, you're a woman (BTW I love any statement that starts with AS A WOMAN, gives me a chuckle every time), but you're not a man, so have no frame of reference to claim women have it harder than men.

Not once have I commented on your life, though I have commented on your posts which are chock full of melodramatic martyrdom.

'have you ever posted any positive comments to females or about females during the time you have spent on OLO?'

Definitely. I have also posted many many negative comments to male posters. I wonder why you only notice my comments to female posters, or only care if I'm negative towards females. On this very thread I labelled the male posters idiots. Mocking posters is the sort of thing I like doing. The responses entertain me.

But besides mocking the tone of your emotive posts, I have outlined why your 'facts' are wrong with respect to the workload of men and women, and also proven the fallacy about 'women have it tougher' with regards to your 'fact' above. These points are irrefutable.

BTW: The ABS is a government funded research body, and The Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS) is an Australian Government statutory agency. Anyway 'studies have shown' does not count for a reference, so you're in no position to comment on the study I put forward.

PS: You keep quietly soldiering on, and putting the family first, neglecting your health and taking on your spouses worries. I think you deserve to retire at 40 you selfless little toiler you. I don't know how you do it, but you deserve a medal. All women do, just for being women.

PPS: How am I 'hiding behind a moniker' any more than you?
Posted by Houellebecq, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 10:12:18 AM
Feminism and Islamism share some striking parallels:

Both justify the killing of innocents.
Both ignore the plight of FGM of girls in Islamic countries.
Both ignore the plight of subjugated women in Islamic countries.

There is one major difference though:
Only feminists whine endlessly about the victim status of Western women.
Posted by Proxy, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 10:49:32 AM
Proxy
You will find more parallels between Christianity and Islam than you will feminism. I doubt you will find feminists supporting some of the passages in both the Koran and Bible that denigrate women.

Secondly, abortion has been around a lot longer than feminism and I would like to know your sources where feminists are supporting FGM. I have not read one report of this nature, but why let facts get in the way of a good prejudice.

Thirdly, Islamic women are starting to make noises about their status in those nations where women are ranked no higher than cattle, and whose freedoms are limited. But then I guess you will be the first one out there decrying their 'victimhood' when these reforms come to fruition which is inevitable.

Women are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Feminism simply means equal status and rights under the law - only someone with a hidden agenda could deny that right to any other human being.
Posted by pelican, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 11:09:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All