The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rudd-Gillard: the constitutional context > Comments

Rudd-Gillard: the constitutional context : Comments

By Nilay Patel, published 30/7/2010

If Gillard was so true to her convictions and if those convictions were strongly held, she should have resigned from the Rudd cabinet.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
An interesting point Leigh.

And indeed, it could be asked “Why does Gillard want to be Prime Minister so much, (doing all that she has done to become Prime Minister).”

I have some answers to that, but I’m going to be very secretive about it and not tell anyone.
Posted by vanna, Friday, 30 July 2010 5:22:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why would Rudd want a role in cabinet?
Briar rose,
I can't believe my eyes reading this ! The man was so incompetent that even his own party had to get him off the job albeit in a cruel manner. However, just as cruel is the impact on this nation by their fumbling dictations to the bureaucrats who unquestioningly abide.
It should not be what an individual in public office "wants", it's what their responsibility is to the electorate. Have we gone that far down the tube that the wants of one incompetent individual can take priority over an electorate ? How much more do we let these people cost us ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 30 July 2010 9:05:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The one thing in favour of Kevin Rudd, is that he DID think of those people who have been disavantaged by the decline in the "global economy" debacle which has really been coming into the system for the last 40 years, he organised the "payout" to the low paid, the ceiling insulation debacle, which was put into destruction by poor planing, and corrupt "cowboys", but which was ment to create jobs, something which nobody else was doing, has been declining. All the parties since 1970, with their reduction of the top personal tax have been responsible for this economical debacle, It had been proven that there had to be a top tax of 66.6% back the 1930's,40's,50's, but they did not recognise that there also had to be a "no tax" up to about $30,000 or $40,000. There only has to be a total tax of about 30% of GDP
Posted by merv09, Saturday, 31 July 2010 11:05:51 AM
Merv,

Rudd's 'favour to the disadvanged' still has to be paid for. And it won't take many guesses to guess who is going to do the paying - starting with a bloke called Merv.

Greeks bearing gifts are not the only people you have to beware.
Posted by Leigh, Saturday, 31 July 2010 11:15:17 AM
The thing which has been corrupting our Government since conception, has been the Westminister system, it is sort of saying that you cannot build a house or other building by using whole secure stumps or solid secure blocks, you have to have split stumps or fractured - not secure and not cemented blocks, everything has to be unreliable. You might think that the members of the parties are reasonably reliable, but they have proved that they are not. Take a look at the representation of our community in parliament, how many workers are there, how many lawyers and other professions, there is an over representation of these professions, and a gross under representation of workers, tradesmen, clerks, etc, they have been forgotten by all except Kevin Rudd.
Posted by merv09, Saturday, 31 July 2010 11:27:58 AM
Leigh, I was born in 1930, and lived in those days of the depression, I worked at age 14, picking cotton,and worked in Ipswich Railway workshops till 1950, from then, I worked as a fitter with Vacuum oil Co. then with Irrigation Water Supply on Moogerah Dam, with all this, I think that if you ask the people who was in the work force during the period between 1950 and 1970, they were the best era of economy. The period since 1970, has been chronic, particularly over the last 20 years, the treasurers over these last 40 years haven't a clue. Just ask somebody who is 70 or over, People under 50 or 60 haven't got a clue, they haven't been in an era of a good economic climate yet, wait and see, that is if they ever recover, remember we are just teetering on the edge of the recession, we might get off!
Posted by merv09, Saturday, 31 July 2010 11:50:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy