The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A new vision for the Middle East > Comments

A new vision for the Middle East : Comments

By Alice Aslan, published 9/7/2010

Arabs, Jews, Muslims and all the other ethnic and religious minorities in the Middle East should co-operate to find peace.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
"It is very sad that one can have the ability to speak to an audience but be so filled with bias they do not deserve to be listened to" claims Benjam1n. Benjam1n who, Netanyahu? If ever I've read a case of pot calling kettle black, it is that sort of rubbish that Benjam1n has written in this thread and earlier elsewhere in this forum. His pro-Zionist support is unmistakable.

Contrast Benjam1n's rants with the original more comprehensive and accurate (in my opinion) original article from Alice Aslan. Alice correctly mentions the USA as being the leader in spreading lawlessness throughout the world not only in relation to Israel, but for decades. The USA was instrumental in getting the UN to establish Israel in a place where the vast majority of inhabitants of the region did not want it. It has financed and supported that belligerant, racist little nuclear armed country for over 60 years now to the extent of hundreds of billions of dollars a year, thereby enabling Israel to become one of the greatest existing threats to world peace. Also one of the sneakiest, sending its undercover agents on assassination missions around the world equipped with forged foreign passports, and lobbying other countries to hassle Iran over concocted nuclear scares for no other reason than Israel sees Iran as a threat to itself (Israel).

So why does Alice Aslan raise the subject of "A new vision for the Middle East" at this time? Presumably because of the news that Obama USA and Netanyahu Israel are reported to be discussing reopening peace talks with Palestinians. What a farce! It should be obvious to all that Israel has little incentive to offer any just settlement to Palestinians whilst it can easily keep them in subjection with the help of their unshakable friends in the USA. And Australia!
Posted by Forkes, Saturday, 10 July 2010 10:51:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Benjamin1n

"Apart from Israel, the entire region is a basin of racism,misogyny,homophobia and murderous hatred for those outside the clan" Apart from Israel? LOL. You're obviously a talented satirist.

Israel has an overwhelming military advantage over the Palestinians, and usually receives uncritical American support, why should the Zionists seek peace? Violence has been very effective so far. As the author indicated, Israel is the last colonial enterprise of the West.
Posted by mac, Saturday, 10 July 2010 4:10:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, Alice's vision is essentially based on some inaccurate information. You in your comments have demonstrated that too.

Let me say that, neither of you are unbiased. You talked about the Middle East so pathetically!.
Here we see what you wrote "the entire region is a basin of racism, misogyny, homophobia, and murderous hatred for those outside the clan."

First of all, this sharp statement is an obvious generalization. And this attitude certainly proves one of two things; You are biased, or you do not know what is going on in that region!.

Now, What do you mean by (Clan)?.
I agree with you in one thing that is totally disgraced and rejected in that region which is Homosexual relationships.
Yet, the other accusations are simply not true.
Racism as a conception known in western culture is rarely applied in that region. Have a look inside four countries which have the biggest economies in that area; Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait and Bahrain. You will be stunned by the diversity and multicoloured in everywhere over there. Even Saudi Arabia has been a great spot for foreign workers. More than 7 millions among the total 24 millions are foreigners. Does that assert your claim, Saudi Arabia and the others countries are basin of racism?. To add more, there is a priority for having Asian workers in Saudi Arabia. That definitely stands against your allegations.
Secondly, you claimed that, women are oppressed in this region. Here you have to give evidence, not news from Western sources. However, Women in Saudi Arabia (Where I know well) are treated very well. They virtually live as they want to. Do not mix between the teachings of Islam (Islamic practice) and their rights. You must understand the core of the problem before you go through.
I’ll give an example of how women are equally treated with men in Saudi Arabia, Women have the right for work, for running their own business to go school, university, even taking a big position in the government such as a minister, she is now having a great position in Education.
Posted by Fletcher, Sunday, 11 July 2010 12:03:43 AM
The wage that women earn is exactly the same as their male counterparts. Do you have like this in Australia!
There are a lot of misconceptions that Australian people have towards Islam and Arabs. Media honestly does not reflect how the life there is. I hope you look more objectively in order to analyze or even to say a word about the reality in the Middle East. I am as Middle Easter expressing my surprising how news and some writers are misleading the real events and misinterpreting the values and practices over there.
Regards
Posted by Fletcher, Sunday, 11 July 2010 12:04:57 AM
Sorry, I probably misunderstood Alice Aslan, in my response I meant (Benjam1n) the man who made the comment, Alice does not relate to the topic, I am sorry again.
Posted by Fletcher, Sunday, 11 July 2010 12:44:08 AM
I'd like 2 c *Bibi the Yahoo* have another go at a prisoner exchange. More of a package deal to my way of thinking actually. I think I'd wake up 100 Pali's at the local Monkey House at 4:00AM for a wash, best glad rags for 4:30AM prayer with an Israeli Arab Imam, then "shackle" em up and march em out for picnic breaky within "COO - EE!" of the Gaza border.

And let everyone have a good look at them. A bit of cross border chit chat perhaps.

And put it on the speaker phones - "These people all go free PLUS (LOTS MORE) and some extra juicy bits in the deal for the Holy month to come, IF you set *Gilad* free."

Otherwise, back to the monkey house.

Seriously, even though 1000+ : 1 seems a lot, what is the value of a Human Life? Of course, in the manner of our respective considered responses, we add definition to our Selves.

Thereafter, 2 things. Obviously some of those in the Israeli monkey house are hard core, and if released represent a real future threat to the lives of other Israelis, but on that point, my view is that the majority of Yahudis know this so let them decide, by way of say an indicative on line plebiscite, or something similar.

Secondly, I think the Israelis have bigger concerns than emptying their prisons if it comes to it. .. People are always telling me things that I don't really want to know. Recently,1 friend starts telling me stories about Indonesians who allegedly went to fight the Yahudis in the Gaza conflict of not so long ago, claiming that Israel remains a not so difficult target to infiltrate, and predicting a near future campaign of renewed terror.

Well .. what does one say?

"Here, have a glass of wine mate!"
Posted by DreamOn, Sunday, 11 July 2010 6:23:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy