The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Public schools need ethics, not religious education > Comments

Public schools need ethics, not religious education : Comments

By Glen Coulton, published 2/7/2010

Religion, especially Christianity, is not essential to the teaching and development of a sound ethical sense.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All
Maybe this will help. smile.

http://ldolphin.org/cisflood.html

http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html

I say, you teach your child and I'll teach mine.

How fair do you want it.

One is where I stand, and all that I see before me, must be the truth ?

Religious education. I thought we had places already designed for this?

Why do you want our children?

And please answer the question.

TTM
Posted by think than move, Sunday, 11 July 2010 7:05:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Creation certainly is a leap of faith until you hear the likes of Rusty grab for draws in trying to justify the evolution fantasy. Very amusing. Your patience towards those pushing their dogmas is amazing Dan.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 11 July 2010 7:36:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And of factual commonsense> Did you notice in the first link at the bottom of the page, please send 25 dollars. and for what! I'd love to know.
You religious people are free to pray on your own kind, and some have said, we will breed you out! Thats real smart logic when you know this planet wont take it.

This just shows how dangerous these cults are.

You people be the Judges.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

TTM
Posted by think than move, Sunday, 11 July 2010 7:41:58 PM
FACTS ON NOAH'S ARK

Much is learned about the nature of the narrative about God from this story.
(1) It shows He is a holy God and cannot tolerate sin.
(2) It shows He is a God of unholy construction of floating hotels
(3) It shows He is a God of mercy in that He spares some
(5) It shows He is keen to concentrate genes in the gene pool.
(6) It shows He may have mistaken gene dilution for "in-solution" dilution
(9) It shows He is able to provide food for many for a long time
Posted by McReal, Sunday, 11 July 2010 8:18:50 PM
Honestly, this is like debating whether Humpty Dumpty actually sat on a wall. Ancient texts need to be treated with hermeneutical sensitivity if you want to know what the author was trying to say. Whatever the written and oral records compiled into Genesis are intending to say - giving a scientific account is not one of them. Compare the order of events in Gen 1 with Gen 2 for starters. I have no idea what you want to say about Gilgamesh, etc but please keep in mind that atheist and Christian are equally committing intellectual suicide if they ignore the scholarship and set about fundamentalist interpretations.
Posted by Gordo Pollo, Monday, 12 July 2010 11:35:20 AM
If only it was just like Humpty Dumpty, Gordo.

Unfortunately, it is only the Humptians that do not pretend their hero is God incarnate and from that basis want to lay claim to the foundation of the moral code and laws that govern everyone in this country.

The only thing I see Humptians doing is eating omelettes on Sunday.
Posted by Bugsy, Monday, 12 July 2010 11:57:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All