The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Defining euthanasia > Comments

Defining euthanasia : Comments

By Andrew McGee, published 1/7/2010

What is the distinction between euthanasia and withholding or withdrawing life-sustaining measures?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Fester,
There is really no need to legislate for euthanasia and assisted suicide separately. Euthanasia would automatically encompass assisted suicide. Just look at it as a kind of smogasbord where a range of options are available to those patients, who are granted euthanasia.

Hi SapperK9,
We haven’t bumped into each other here on OLO, have we.
I don’t mind telling you that I’m an atheist, because I can imagine knowing where people come from may help short-cut the discussion.

People who know me on here would know that I only use the term ‘atheist’ for the lack of a better term. I’m an atheist in the way that I’m simply not convinced that there is any evidence that some kind of god exists. Religions are selling their brand of god, and I’m not buying before they present me with evidence.

I have little problem with religion as long as they are open to criticism, don’t oppose paying taxes, and do not interfere with the freedom of people who are not members of their religion. Hehehe : )
Posted by Celivia, Monday, 5 July 2010 7:51:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Celivia,

I'm a Darwinist and member of Exit. I just believe that to entertain writing about ethics without declaring any religious affiliations is disingenuous and hypocritical in extremis. It is pointless arguing with Opus Dei about their theology (which can only be based on secondary and tertiary sources), no?

Jim
Posted by SapperK9, Monday, 5 July 2010 8:44:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy