The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ruthlessness, brutality and cowardice > Comments

Ruthlessness, brutality and cowardice : Comments

By Jennifer Wilson, published 29/6/2010

That brilliant victory speech Julia Gillard gave wasn’t written an hour before she became Prime Minister.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
When I first started work (with David Copperfield) it was pretty much accepted that employers had a right to verbally abuse their employees. These days, that sort of activity is generally considered unacceptable. Everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and good manners.
After about forty years of repeats, what was the secret to success of the series “MASH”? The general answer was, these were the sort of people we were happy to invite into our living rooms, every night.
Can we say the same of our politicians?
Is Gillard or Shorten the sort of people you would invite to your barby, or the mates you would have watching your back?
Bitey says politics is a ruthless business; get over it. Why?
The most amazing thing about Aussie politics is that Aussies have such low expectations of their representatives.
And we just accept it.
We blithely accept actions and shenanigans in our representatives that, if our children tried it, we'd probably march them out to the proverbial woodshed.
I think it's high time we dragged our representatives -kicking and screaming- into the 21st century.
And (despite being no fan of Krudd) I think Ms Wilson's article is pretty much on the money.
Posted by Grim, Friday, 2 July 2010 8:27:26 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy