The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Dude, where’s my democracy? > Comments

Dude, where’s my democracy? : Comments

By Dilan Thampapillai, published 29/6/2010

Let us not forget that Gillard was as much a part of the subversion of the cabinet process as Kevin Rudd.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Chris Lewis and Phil Matimein, of course, no Australian prime minister has ever been voted into office,we elect a parliament and the government is created by the Parliament. People(including some politicians, apparently) who believe we elect the PM have seen too much US TV.
If the PM is incompetent he or she gets the sack--either by Parliament or the voters.Labor was notorious in the past for supporting deadwood leaders,not any more.
Posted by mac, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 11:52:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hehehe It is amusing to see the right wing wordmongers running so scared from lil ol Julia. She really is their worst nightmare. All this babble about "democracy". Youve got to laugh. As if the libs have never overthrown their leaders. How many of them have lambasted Costello for not having the balls to do it to Howard? Turnbull was hardly overthrown with sprinkles and fairy cake. Pot meet kettle.
Posted by mikk, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 2:42:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dilan Thampapillai: I really liked your article.

One proviso - I am pretty sure that I am not the only middle class woman who was looking forward to having a female PM but is now feeling disappointed.

Btw: I haven't voted for either major party for quite a long time. I'll be surprised if I vote for either of them in the next election.

I'm fed up with all these in-party deals and power plays.
Posted by Pynchme, Wednesday, 30 June 2010 1:13:11 AM
mikk, I am neither 'right wing', nor 'scared' of Julia Gillard.

I simply despise her.
Posted by Clownfish, Wednesday, 30 June 2010 10:08:06 AM
Dilan Pillai,
your idea of democracy in action is severely flawed. Please keep to subjects you are more familiar with like making a good curry,for example.
Anyone with a modicum of political nous would know that cabinet decisions are very rarely if ever unanimous. There are often deep divisions. It is clrar to me that Rud's style of dictatorial democratic leadership was out of control and decisions had to be taken that involved radical action. But you wouldnt understand anything about that, Dilan.
Posted by socratease, Wednesday, 30 June 2010 10:03:41 PM
Socratease I'm shocked. What a stupid insult to make. I hope you aren't Australian.
Posted by Pynchme, Wednesday, 30 June 2010 10:29:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy