The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A little bit of racial prejudice ... > Comments

A little bit of racial prejudice ... : Comments

By Tanveer Ahmed, published 23/6/2010

There is no question that racial prejudice exists in Australia. These feelings are symptoms of a universal human failing.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
"I submit that anti-racism is a pseudo morality espoused by people who don't understand human nature and who haven't learned to think for themselves. It is high time white people stopped allowing themselves to be intimidated by the term "racism" or "racist". Our very racial survival depends on it."
Posted by gytre, Saturday, 26 June 2010 12:06:41 PM

You submit do you? Perry Mason would be so proud of you!

Tawkin Bolox understands you perfectly.
Posted by Ginx, Sunday, 27 June 2010 1:44:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,
Is not the suspension of the proceesing of visas for Afghan and Sri Lankan illegal arrivals racist?

What does Eva Sallis have to say about this? Do not asylum advocates critisize a labor government, no matter what?

By the way the boats are still coming, it seems the boat people do not believe the suspension will last long and it will be back to business as usual.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 27 June 2010 12:31:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As a CONSTITUTIONALIST I view Australia is racist as s.51(xxvi) is specifically in the constitution for this. Personally I oppose racism but I have to accept that Aboriginals themselves supported the 1967 referendum to be discriminated against by racist legislation. The Northern Territory Intervention Act is neither within s.122 of or within s.51(xxvi) of the constitution and yet nothing was done to stop it. Why not? There are those who criticise Pauline Hanson and while I never was a fan of her nevertheless as a CONSTITUTIONALIST I understood better what she was about just that she wasn’t able to translate her policies on basis of the constitution.
The whole immigration issue is a failure because the Framers of the Constitution specifically created the constitution so the commonwealth could deal appropriately with the influx of aliens. We now have a so called system where long term refugees are continuing to suffer in refugee camps and those who can afford to pay a people smuggler can so to say jump the que. Money wasted we could for example spend on the young invalids now left in old age nursing homes, etc. We need to pursue that those refugees which desire to come to Australia earn that right by learning about the customs and traditions of Australia and its language and not take for granted that they can demand to be living in Australia. Often racism is caused by the very people who are then subjected to racism. If refugees came here from refugee camps having learned the English language and customs and traditions being different then their native country then most Australians wouldn’t worry about them! However Australians are well entitled to be concerned when aliens come in and then demand their native country’s customs and traditions then overtake those of Australia in a clash of cultures. Australia is out home and any visitors have to respect this!
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Wednesday, 30 June 2010 1:43:22 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy