The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Men, racism and football > Comments

Men, racism and football : Comments

By Peter West, published 16/6/2010

Most white people don't really understand what it means to be black or what it means to be ridiculed, victimised or humiliated.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All
Thanks, CJ: Blue Mink - I'm happy to stand corrected :)

Yeah, don't you wish you could come back in a hundred years ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 23 June 2010 5:17:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=10563#174628

Dear Joe Lane, Loudmouth, i have a great web site for you, its by an aging hippie, Communist like yourself. All about what "Political Correctness" has done for Europe. Happy reading.

http://www.reich4.de/Begriffe/sittlichkeit/?lang=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8630135369495797236#
Posted by Formersnag, Thursday, 24 June 2010 3:24:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Snag,

Well, the Communist church is an incredibly broad and fractious one: at every critical time, 1848, 1871, 1903, 1905, 1917, etc., etc., it has split off into factions. Not to mention the gulags, Czechoslovakia, the Khmer Rouge, on and on. I don't think there has been a single genuinely Communist government in the world for some decades, if ever. But that's just MY particular factional slant on things :)

Mother Teresa is supposed to have lost her belief in a caring god some sixty years ago, and yet she kept working as if he/she still existed and I empathise with her: as a sort of Grandfather's Axe Marxist, I keep trying to do what I think is best, according to my own lights, even though I struggle to positively evaluate Marx's hypotheses, or what's left of them. His universalism, for one thing, and his obvious concern for the down-trodden, for another. But his followers have not made it easy.

But to get back to the topic, it has to be said that from the thirties to the sixties, many communists in Australia were in the forefront of support for the equal rights of Aboriginal people. Some went off the rails in calling for separate republics (a long-standing right-wing initiative) but most saw the place for Indigenous people as being alongside, not away from or underneath, other Australians. And I'll stick up for that any day.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 25 June 2010 12:44:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy