The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hardline policy on asylum seekers won't work > Comments

Hardline policy on asylum seekers won't work : Comments

By Abdul Hekmat, published 16/6/2010

There must be another way to deal with the surge of asylum seekers without punishing them.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Hear, hear Al.G ,

I go with your comment.

It is just a business and rather very silent...almost to the point of: no fixed address, no fixed name. It is my view that Australia must implement some very hard lines (and stick to them) to those whom are asylum seekers. I often asked "what are they seeking? What is the deal here? Do they seek opportunity for? surly not safety? or is it just a business matter"?

This brings me to the word "settlement" and "conquer". Both of these words can be construed. It appears that they conquer by the means of using 'asylum' to settle in Australia. This makes our 'settlement' Un obligated agreements an easier target and makes a mockery our our honest and easy going kindness. Funny that Japan does not how those type of people. Well if they did they seem to be pretty much into the main culture and steam of the Japanese people.
Posted by SONYA2, Thursday, 17 June 2010 4:17:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Its all going along nicely then in comes Leigh with his virulent racism to lower the tone. How predictable. How pathetic.
Posted by mikk, Thursday, 17 June 2010 7:50:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh,
Great couple of posts -- good to see you back on board.

I loved this bit:

<<He says: “It must be stated again that under refugee conventions it is not illegal to cross borders and seek asylum.”

How many borders would that be, Abdul? Australia is the last border, after you people have passed through, or paused in, one or more other countries, where you don’t apply for asylum>>

LOL
Posted by Horus, Thursday, 17 June 2010 8:12:24 PM
'evening All...

I dunno Mikk, I reckon Leigh articulates well how most people feel, apropos these economic boat people !

Myself, I'm very much a RACIST, and I do get a little weary of people sidestepping issues simply because the may feel apprehensive about speaking their mind. Looking here, there furtively, lest the 'thought police' catch them uttering a word, a phrase, or even possessing a conspiratorially 'look' about them ?

At nearly seventy, I've seen this wonderful country decline into a weak, jingoistic, and quivering mass of hackneyed,and disabused people ?

Controlled by fear of those who seek to destroy the Australian identity.

DON'T THEY GET IT ?

The majority, DO NOT want these 'boat people' to violate our country by entering illegally, any more !

The majority DO WANT these displaced emigres to petition entry to our shores by the legitimate processes.

But with this Labour Government, with Mr Rudd at it's head.....God help us ! Our way of life will be absolutely extirpated.

For those of you who wish to know more of the ramifications of unabated immigration, read the late J. Enoch Powell's - 'Freedom & Reality' (1969). Probably one of the most erudite individuals on these issues I've ever read.

Good night all...Sung Wu.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 17 June 2010 9:08:18 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think we could start a new tv show , let's call it Border Cleansing.

What we do on each show is a fast paced mix of action and laughs - e attach hidden cameras to refos we send back so that we can see them getting beaten and killed, follow that with sinking of boats full of women and kids , and do big finales like set fire to kids on the beach. Show it after Customs or a similar show.

We will have to get special permission so that we can advertise smokes , along with pre mixed drinks, takeaway foods, talk back shows and old Commodores, that should hit the target demographic.

Maybe we could call the show Underclass: The Golden Shower ?

I mean , I'm not racist, but...
Posted by Western Red, Thursday, 17 June 2010 10:20:59 PM
I wonder how long it's going to take for our feminists to wake up to the muslim challenge. They are in a race to take over the country, against the muslim males, but they don't seem to realise it.

Sure they want to kick the males out of power & control everything. What's more they are winning that one easily. The easy going euro male is no match for the viscous feminazi.

Still I don't think they realise, yet, how viscous the muslim male really is. It's going to be a no quarter fight, once the battle is joined, & I have a funny feeling they will loose this one.

They are going to have a long time to regret that they did not join with their own males, in resisting the wave of muslim asylum seekers, both by boat & leagal ways.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 17 June 2010 11:02:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy